We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direction/Transportation advise help please!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Direction/Transportation advise help please!

Hi all,

Can someone please kindly tell me how to get to

1) Busan Sunset Hotel (close by the beach across from Sea Cloud hotel ) from Gyeongju. The fastest and easiest way please. How much and how long does it take?

2) From Sunset hotel to Busan International AIrport. Is there a Airport shuttle bus close by my hotel? How much per person and how long des it take?

3) If I only have 1 full day, can you recommend me the best thing to do here (historical/cultural / market / food places???)

MAny thanks to you in advance!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

If it were other parts of Busan, bus from Gyeongju would have been faster, with bus trip alone taking 50min.~1 hour. However, Haeundae's location gives it a twist - there are two bus terminals in Busan and it takes 40 minutes to either one by metro from Haeundae station. Counting in transfer time, point-to-point journey time will easily add up to 2 hours in total.

OTOH, trains between Haeundae and Gyeongju are painfully slow, but the train drops you off at none other than Haeundae Station, which is 450 meters to the northwest from your hotel. Train ride alone takes about 1h 40minutes from Gyeongju's old station (NOT the new KTX station far from downtown Gyeongju), quite frequent (almost hourly) and costing either 5800 Won or 8700 Won depending on the class of the train.

On your way to Gimhae Airport, take Airport Limousine (unnumbered) from Novotel Ambassador, right around the corner from your hotel. Leaves in every 20 minutes. Should take about 70~80 minutes without heavy traffic, single fare should be some 6000 Won.

Your plan B would be catching bus 307 from Haeundae Station. Allow minimum 1 hour 40 minutes to the airport if you're taking 307, but single fare this time is 1800 Won, one-third of Airport Limousine bus.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

I'm still very confused. So...what will be the best way: from what bus/ train station to what bus/train station??? Bus #??? Tranfer from where to where??? I just can't find any info. on the web.

Please give me more detail if you can. THanks!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

From Gyeongju to Sunset Hotel in Haeundae:

(cost/benefit of bus travel) < (cost/benefit of train travel)

therefore take a train from Gyeongju Train Station to Haeundae Station.

There are TWO train stations in Gyeongju. Your station is the old one, which is closer to the city center.

When you get off at Haeundae Train Station, the rest is just 450 meters on foot towards the beach.

From Haeundae to Busan Gimhae Airport:

Novotel Ambassador Hotel is a few steps away from Sunset Hotel. Take an unnumbered Airport Limousine bus from there.

Clear enough?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

This is the best info. and really helpful!

I guess I can buy the train tix the day when I depart from Gyeongju to Busan and no advance reservation is needed, am I right?

Really, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the time you put into answering so many questions of mine!!!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

Technically, you many book in advance, but this local route is not worth the effort doing so. You can look for timetables between Gyeongju and Haeundae online at:

www.korail.com/en/rv/pr21100/w_pr21110.jsp

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

THis is great. THanks alot!

Seoul, South Korea
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

Choosing Busan for korea travel City, I think it's one of great choice for you. I visit Busan yearly, and I like spring/summer Busan most. If you are not interested Jagalchi Seafood Market and Fantastic Haeundae Beach, here you can see Traditional Regular Performance helding in Busan, which will be one of smartest choice at your korea travel.

english.busan.go.kr/03_culture/03_04.jsp

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

What is the best way to get from Gimhae Airport to Toyoko Inn Korea?

By Limousine?

By Train/subway?

How long does it take?

What's the cost?

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

Which Toyoko Inn are you staying at? I think there are 4 in Busan...

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direction/Transportation advise help please!

Tky for prompt reply.

It's Toyoko Inn Korea at Jung-gu/KTX Busan Station - the nearest subway station is Line l Jungang-dong.