We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busan to Jinju and Yeosu

Which Busan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Busan to Jinju and Yeosu

I'll like to make day trips to visit Jinju Fortress and the Turtle Ship replica in Yeosu from Busan via rail, but I'm unsure of the directions.

I've checked the english version of KORAIL, but it seems like there are no services between Busan and Yeosu. Can anyone help me confirm this?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Busan to Jinju and Yeosu

If you want to go Yeosu from Busan. You need to take a train from Bujeon station not Busan station. First you go to Suncheon and transfer to Yeosu.

If you stop by Jinju first and then go to Yeosu, take a train from Bujeon then get off at Jinju. Then from Jinju to Suncheon, Suncheon to Yeosu.

You can check the time table on the date you wish to go on this webpage.

www.korail.com/en/rv/pr21100/w_pr21110.jsp

But... Taking trains at the area is time consuming if you are in rush. If you have enough time, you might feel real Korea in the train.

Also, there are many buses connecting Busan-Jinju and Jinju-Yeosu.

Singapore
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Busan to Jinju and Yeosu

Thanks for the quick reply SeoulHyena. I found out that there's a Turtle Ship replica by the Hangang in Seoul so I'll probably not be going to Yeosu anymore.

I'm planning to take the bus in the early morning from Busan to Gyeongju first, before heading to Jinju, and finally back to Busan at night. Do you know the rough transportation costs?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Busan to Jinju and Yeosu

First, there is no Turtle ship in Hangang any more. It has been moved to Tongyeong(which is near Jinju) in 2005.

- Bus fare(won)

Busan-Gyeongju : about 4,000(1hr)

Gyeongju-Jinju : about 10,000(2-2&1/2hr)

Jinju-Busan : about 7,000(1&1/2hr)

It is hard to visit Gyeongju and Jinju from Busan in one day. Because you got to spend lots of time in Gyeongju.

4. Re: Busan to Jinju and Yeosu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, November 18, 2009