We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insect (mosquito) Bites

Tokoroa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Insect (mosquito) Bites

My granddaughter is very allergic to Mosquito bites we have discovered this week. Any Idea where my son can buy Permethrin to use as a clothes dip, or good place to buy insect repellants, deet etc.

Poor little soul, shes 10, had 49 bites on 1 day this week. Otherwise I will have to send it from New Zealand as I have returned home.

3 replies to this topic
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insect (mosquito) Bites

You'll need to go to a dermatologist for that. Should be around 15,000W for the doctor's fee, medicine around I dunno 5-6,000W? Maybe 10,000W max for medicine?

Call the Tourist Line 1330 or email and they can direct you to one in your area.

If you have a Korean map service, look up the word 피부과 in your area and you'll find one VERY close to you. They're everywhere. Just walk in. download Papago Translator app.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Insect (mosquito) Bites

You can also buy anti-mosquito/ repellant bracelets from pharmacies. They are suitable for children to wear. Most contain citronella. Google for pictures and show to the staff in pharmacies if language is a problem. I think the staff at pharmacies do speak basic English.

Edited: 1:37 am, June 08, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insect (mosquito) Bites

Yes there is basic stuff at the pharmacy and even convenience stores have things you can plug into walls etc.

Mosquito in Korean is "Mo Gee" (Hard G) Gorilla G same sound haha

Reply to: Insect (mosquito) Bites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted