We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

nj
Level Contributor
98 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

Hi, any suggestions appreciated. How is Simpsons Grill at Desmond? Looks casual, has variety and reasonably priced. Thanks.

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

There are SO many choices on Wolf Road! I have never been to the restaurant you mentioned, but you can find pretty much what ever you want in that area. Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Bucca De Peppo, Hooters, Wolfs 111, Chipolte Grill, Red Lobster, etc. What kind of food do you like?

nj
Level Contributor
98 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

Thank you for the response. I am not a fan of chains, as are most of what you mentioned, but mostly upscale casual. Steak, seafood, authentic italian are good.

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

Very close to where you are staying is a family run Italian restaurant called D'Raymonds. They have a website (draymonds.com) where you could take a look at their menu & location. I highly recommend it, but also highly recommend reservations as it is a small place. Most of Wolf Road is chain restaurants and I'm with you in that regard that when I'm out of town I want to try a place that is not a chain if I can. Are you up for going out of the area a little for more choices or do you want to stay close to the hotel?

nj
Level Contributor
98 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

Thank you for the response. This looks very good, will choose between D'raymond and Simpson grill at Desmond depending on availability.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

I think your first pick is a strong one. Simpsons has had a great reputation and I have always enjoyed my times there.

yes, Wolf Road is heavily populated by chains but there are a dozen locally owned options ranging from Asian to sports bar/grill types to steak. Then some close by (such as the very good D'Raymonds mentioned by cab1002).

If you want to keep looking post here and I will list the others but my vote is that your first choice is a good one. The owners of that property are on site often.

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

Simpsons is great, I used to work at the Desmond.

nj
Level Contributor
98 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

Thanks all for the help. We have a res at Simpsons.

8. Re: Restaurant suggestions near wolf road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, September 21, 2014