We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

Has anyone take the Bowl Bus from Crossgates to Gillette stadium? Looking for reviews. The website gives very little information other than the price and itinerary. The site mentions tailgating, but no details. Also, I'm assuming from the website that if they don't sell enough tickets the bus doesn't go, but there is nothing about when they let you know so you can make other arrangements if necessary.

Delmar, NY
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
213 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

Sorry, but I am not a Pats fan so I can't help you with this. Perhaps one of my fellow DEs can.

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

haha - well you could be a jets fan because that's the team they are playing when we plan on going. It concerns me that there are no reviews anywhere on this bowl bus and the fact that the website is SO vague. Yes, they mention that you can tailgate when you get there, but what does that entail. Can you bring whatever you want on the bus with no restrictions? And what if they dont' sell enough seats? Are you then SOL with getting to the game? If we end up going with this I will definitely post something here about our experience....good or bad.

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

First full disclosure, I'm a life long Giants fan.

But it seems that they wait for 25 people to request transportation to the game and then they decide to provide a bus. It doesn't seem to be a regular trip or something that Yankee Trails runs to baseball games. It also seems like they want you to do the work of getting the word out to drum up business.

Not sure but they may not have ever run a bus to a Patriots game out of Albany.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

I have not used this before but have reserved seats to the bills game on Nov 11. They said they would let us know 2 weeks before the game if our specific bus was running or if we would get combined with another run.

You can bring anything on the bus but not glass ... Yes, you can drink on the bus.

You can tailgate by the bus and the driver locks the bus when no one is there so you can leave things on the bus. They told me to talk to the driver if you plan to leave the bus and come back to it before the game. Just in case he leaves for a while and locks it.

This is the info I was given. I have not talked to anyone that has actually used this service.

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

Thank you so much for your response (and not just responding that you are not a Pats fan - which is not helpful at all). If we end up taking the bus I will be sure to post something about our experience so other people can hopefully benefit from the information.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

I have reserved the Bus Bowl for the November 11th Pats game. We are leaving from DT Boston. I would appreciate a review after you use it!

I did e-mail them and it seems pretty fun. You are allowed to bring drinks, as long as they are not in glass containers. Also, my group plans on bringing all kinds of tailgating items, like chairs and coolers!

Erin

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

Hi Erin, we are going to the same game from Saint John, NB! But different bus ... Assuming it fills - if not I think they combine the busses so we might end up on the DT bus. Did they say you could bring chairs and coolers? Really hope the revere bus fills!

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

Yes, they said we could take any tailgating items we may need. We can store them under the bus, plus we are allowed to drink on the bus. (We are surprising our friend for her stag, so the drinking on the bus is important.!) We plan on buying a canopy if it rains and bringing that as well! Should be a fun time!

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

I am thinking about booking this for a game this season. How was your experience for those who used the service last season.

Thanks!

10. Re: Bowl Bus from Albany to Patriots Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 05, 2014