We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day & New Year's Eve in Albany

Which Albany hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas Day & New Year's Eve in Albany

I'm new to the area, and my in-laws are visiting for the holidays. We will probably be cooking Christmas dinner, but there is an off chance we may decide to go out instead. Are there any good restaurants open on Christmas Day? (Even better if they're doing a traditional Christmas dinner.)

We will definitely be going out for dinner on New Year's Eve. Any recommendations for that night?

Also, where to go after dinner on New Year's Eve, to ring in the New Year?

State College
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day & New Year's Eve in Albany

For New Years Eve for dinner I would suggest either Envy, Pearl, Jacks, Yono's, D.P. or the Albany Pump Station. Then, as for the nightlife I know Ballingers is having one of the biggest balloon drops in the state of NY at midnight (you can't go wrong with Ballingers). Also, I know the Skyline, the Bayou Cafe and Jillians are all having new years eve parties as well. Jillians is actually giving out a 7 day cruise. And I'm sure that Pure, Pearl, Envy, Blue 82, and Tryst (the lounges) will be having some type of celebrations as well. I hope this helps

2. Re: Christmas Day & New Year's Eve in Albany

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 15, 2009