We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piesco lake camping

Sauquoit, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Piesco lake camping

Looking to camp at either Little sand point campgrounds or Point comfort campgrounds in Piesco lake NY. Don't need hook ups, going with 2 other families, but don't want to be on top of other campers sites either.Showers a must!

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piesco lake camping

What's your question?

Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piesco lake camping

I don't know their question but we are going to camp there in august with 6 other families on the end loop site 72-76 and we were wondering how the water access is? Could we anchor our bass boat by shore or will we have to launch it daily? Also is the shore line weedy/rocky? is swimming ok from our sites? Thanks for any information, the lake is beautiful!!

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
95 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piesco lake camping

If the original OP is wondering which campground would be better, I'll offer my opinion that they are very similar. This is my observation having driven past them many times. I have not stayed at either. If I were to choose one over the other, I would probably pick Little Sand Point for its proximity to the Panther Mountain, Echo Cliff trailhead. This is a very popular, easy hike that affords wonderful views of Piseco Lake and southward.

4. Re: Piesco lake camping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 11, 2015
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor