We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

France
Level Contributor
152 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

I understand there is the option of ferry or plane transfers to Praslin. What is easier, cheaper and or more convenient....ie plane delays etc?

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

When are you planning to go? It's a 15 mins domestic flight to Praslin from Mahe. Depending on what time of year you travel by boat, it can be very rough ......not been to the Seychelles yet but have picked this up from my research .....

Miki is the DE for the Seychelles - I'm sure he will post shortly ....

...AG

France
Level Contributor
152 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

November time. thanks for the reply. Does that mean boat trips are dodgy too?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

Hi purdyp!

November is a great time for divings and ferry / boat trips. There are no rough seas so the trip is very enjoyable. Ferry ticket is 100 euro pp return trip while plane tickets start from 105 euro. Ferry trip takes 60 minutes while plane trip takes 15 mins as AG has already mentioned. If you stay in Cote d'Or Area it is cheaper to take the ferry while if you stay near Grand Anse - Anse Kerlan it is better to take the plane. There are very rare delays but cancellations can occur both for ferry or planes due to mechanical issues.

Miki

Mahe Island...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

Ferry its much enjoyable and fun as you dont need to be rush..!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

Surely if i am arriving at Mahe then its easier to just stay at the airport and hop on another plane rather than having to get a taxi to the harbour at Victoria?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

Yes it is easier to take a domestic flight to Praslin, but taking a ferry does not mean extra costs (for taxi ride) because there is a free shuttle to Victoria jetty.

Miki

7. Re: Ferry or plane Mahe to Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 06, 2015