We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency recommendations

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Currency recommendations

Hi

What is the best way to travel to Seychelles, money wise,

my thought was to buy some dollars in my bank account, and whenever i'll need money (ATM/Restaurants/etc) i'll just use my Visa to withdraw/pay in dollars (no FX will take place)

another questions, where should i buy Seychelles currency? (do i really need it)

What do you think?

P.S.

i will bring some cash with me ofcourse

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Currency recommendations

L'Union Chalets are really great but do not offer too much privacy during the day when tourits are roaming around. And yes I was referring to a frame beach chalet at LDIL not at L'Union Estate. Swimming is not great here but having a bike is very simple to get to a beach where you will enjoy swimming (Anse Severe, ASDA).

Miki

Sitges, Spain
Level Contributor
167 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Currency recommendations

Thank you Miki, you know everything about the islands!

a pity,... for it seems to be quite difficult to reach AM by foot... not sure which option can be easier...(?)

is it a long way?¿ how much difficult? We are traveling November, departing on 2nd!

My concern is because my husband suffered an accident in his foot and although he’s quite on fit, still recovering. Dangerous

Hi Miki, thanks to put it clear!

I hope to get confirmation during the day for the A FRAME BEACH

If not, I hope one room at the PLANTATION HOUSE, seems to be placed same as “A FRAME”, am I right?

Very unusual we are taking this trip so late. We use to book always quite in advance our trips, 4-6 months ahead, so I’m very nervous waiting confirmations for everything! Getting fully booked some places.

A bit worried in LDIL if we need to take the bike for swimming… I knew this, because I read you around the forum, it is not a great beach, and by the pictures, it looks to be very low tide over rocks/corals… not sure if one can reach the external side to swim.

How far and easy/difficult can be to reach ASDA/SEVERE from LDIL Miki?¿

I don’t know distances or much does it take, how difficult or easy are the roads/ways to bike to these beaches, as well as to move around the island by bike?¿ (remember my husband still recovering from a feet accident…)

Thank you!

Sitges, Spain
Level Contributor
167 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Currency recommendations

sorry so much! I pasted a reply for another post first.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
38 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Currency recommendations

Miki, how long will it take to get to Market Street from the jetty in Victoria? I wonder if I can manage to exchange money after coming there by the airport shuttle. Departure - 4:30

Uk
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Currency recommendations

Hello Miki,

I looked on Cash Plus website but could not find information on the location of the 4 offices in Mahe. Can you provide this information as well as opening hours. Or point me to a website. We will be staying in Anse Royale.

Although i read in this thread that Cash Plus does not have an office at the airport in Victoria, is there an ATM there?

Many thanks,

bken

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Currency recommendations

Hello guys!

Lav4ik @ there are 1.1 kms from the jetty to the Market Street but I do not think that the bureau will be opened since office hours in Seychelles are from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm.

Bken @ there is no Cash Plus at the airport, however you will find a Barclays ATM and branch office which is running also in the evening, basically 2hrs before any departure and one hour before any arrival.

Cash Plus offices are located in Victoria (2), Providence and Beau Vallon. There is no internet site which gives these details.

Miki

Edited: 4:37 pm, September 30, 2013
Uk
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Currency recommendations

Thanks Miki for all your information. Really appreciated.

What about opening hours for Cash Plus offices on Mahe. I know most things are closed on Sunday and shut early on Saturday.

Thank you!!!

bken

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
38 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Currency recommendations

Miki, thanks a lot for the useful information. I guess I'll withdraw some rupees from the ATM at the airport and then exchange at the Cash Plus office on La Digue.

19. Re: Currency recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island