We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Mahe to Praslin

Which Praslin Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Mahe to Praslin

Hello there..!!

We are traveling to Seychelles from the 6th of April for 4 days. We plan to spend the entire time in Praslin. We arrive at SEZ by the Emirates flight at 6.30am. Can some one please help me with the following questions so that i can plan this up better.

1. Which is the best way to travel from Mahe to Praslin - Air or ferry? (Would prefer a ferry though)

2. If air, which airlines and how much does it cost.

3. If ferry, which ones do I look at and how much do they cost

4. Can I book in advance online? Link would help.

(am coming with my in-laws, so need to plan it good..!! :) )

Thanks..!!

Aditya

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Mahe to Praslin

Hello Aditya!

Here are the complete answers to your questions:

1. First ferry leaves at 07.30, you will definitely miss the first ferry because it will take around 40-60 minutes to make the custom clearance and take your luggage. Next ferry is at 11.30 so I advise you to take the plane, it is faster but also more expensive: 100 euro is a return trip by ferry Mahe - Praslin - Mahe while the flight tickets cost 126 euro if you take 8.30 flight when you go to Praslin and 19.30 flight when you come back to Mahe (I assumed that you leave Mahe on 10.04 at 23.55 - please tell me if I am right). You can book your flight tickets on www.airseychelles.com while the ferries can be reserved at reservations@catcocos.com and the payment will be performed directly at the jetty cash or by credit card. Also when you come back to Mahe you have a better time for flying instead of taking the ferry (19.30 instead of 18.00) so you will spend more time on Praslin with your in-laws :)

If you need more help I would be glad to asist you.

Miki

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,752 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Mahe to Praslin

For ferry timetable check www.cat-cocos-seychelles.com

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Mahe to Praslin

Hi

Does anyone logically understand why flying is 4 times faster and only 20% more expensive then the bloody boat (taking into account carbon pollution, airport taxes etc)?

4. Re: Travel from Mahe to Praslin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 25, 2014