We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

curency

Merthyr Tydfil
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
curency

Hi flying to the seychelles next week staying in paradise sun Praslin

could anyone advise me on the best curency to take.Thanks Peter

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: curency

Hello Peter!

Best currency to take with you is euro but only if you are from EuroZone or you have already euro as savings. With euro you can pay the trips, car rental, accomodation or taxi and you get better rates when you exchange them.

But I see that you are from UK so come with GBP if you do not have euro and exchange them at Barclays because double changing from GBP to EUR and from EUR to SCR will generate you a double-loss. Exchange rate is 18.1 - 18.2 SCR for 1 GBP.

Miki

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: curency

You have also exchange offices in Cote d'Or area, 7-800 m from Paradise Sun hotel, compare the rates and get the best one. Also Barclays ATM is close to the exchange offices if you run out of cash.

Seychelles
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: curency

Check NuovoBanqs rates too. I was surprised the last time I was in there that their exchange rates where better than the bureau de change across the road.

Seychelles
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: curency

Make sure to keep your receipts as it will come in handy if you do not spend all your rupees and you want to get your GBP back after your holidays

Seychelles
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: curency

Make sure to keep your receipts as it will come in handy if you do not spend all your rupees and you want to get your GBP back after your holidays

6. Re: curency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 28, 2014