We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in February in Praslin

Norfolk
Level Contributor
67 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in February in Praslin

I know its the rainy season, but is it still enjoyable or impossibly wet and humid?

Regards

Anna5

San Enrique de...
Level Contributor
44 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in February in Praslin

Hi there, we honeymooned in Praslin last Feb/March and the weather was perfect. We had 1 week Praslin with blue skies and warm sunny days. Then we had 1 week in St. Annes and it rained about 30% of the time but in between the rain the skies were blue and the weather warm. It was certainly not humit at all. If anything I found it a little chilly in the evenings and had to wear a cardi. Enjoy Praslin - we stayed at L'Archipel and it was possibly the best place I have ever been.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in February in Praslin

By February the main rainy season is usually over. You may get two or three rainy days in a fortnight but hey - this is a tropical island and you only get that impossibly beautiful green jungle with regular rain!

It is very humid and I find lighweight cotton clothes make all the difference. Occasionally evening breezes can be cool but not enough to need a heavy cardigan - an long sleeve Tshirt or shirt will be fine.

Praslin is very beautiful with lots of gorgeous beaches. Do go and see the Valee de Mai where the Coco de Mer palms grow. It is hot, so go early in the morning, before 10.30 - and even during the day you will need mozzie repellent - but it is stunning.

It is worth paying for a local guide to take you round- the first time I went we did not bother with a guide and missed out on so much. You can get a guide on arrival, just ask in the gift shop. I think it costs about 10 euros per person. It makes it so much more interesting to hear about what the plants are and to point out the rare and endemic birds -

Enjoy