We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Praslin - 3 days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
503 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Planning Praslin - 3 days.

hi there - I am in praslin for 3 days. I have rented a car. I just started looking at what to do in Praslin, and getting nervous that I haven't scheduled any tours. I am staying at Le Duc - in late august. I have 3 clear days, one day I will spend in la digue.

Some of the things that are of interest:

- Anse Lazio beach

- Visit to Cousin and Curieuse islands

- Snorkeling day trip to Coco and Felicite with very high chances of spotting turtles

- Valee de Mai or Fond Ferdinand Nature Park

Here are my questions

I am guessing we can just drive to anse Lazio and other beaches. which of the two parks should we pick and do we need a tour guide?

What is there to see in cousin and curiuse islands?

Do I need to schedule a tour guide/ tour for snorkeling, these islands trips, valee de mai? do most people do this on their own or with a scheduled tour?

I am looking at some tours and they are all like 200 USD per person - is that typical?

5 replies to this topic
Liverpool
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning Praslin - 3 days.

We've just returned and didn't do any formal tours. We got the bus to Vallee de Mai (about $30 entry) and while there were guides at the entrance we explored ourselves. We also hired a car and as we loved Vallee de Mai we also visited Fond Ferdinand. This was around $12 for >3 hours with a great guide. Fantastic value for money and as a bonus you get panoramic views across both sides of the island. We went to Anse Lazio later that day, which is a fair way from the main road but you can drive down and park near the beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning Praslin - 3 days.

thank you Cal21. this is helpful. you hired a car or a car with a driver for 3 hours? and where did u hire this from?

lastly did u do any snorkel tours, or curieuse island for tortoise?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning Praslin - 3 days.

We hired a car for 24 hours. Delivered to hotel and dropped off at the airport (saved expensive taxi fare) for about $80 from Steppe car hire. We didn't do any snorkelling and although we intended to get a boat trip to Curieuse we didn't in the end.

Oeiras, Portugal
Level Contributor
22 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning Praslin - 3 days.

Hi Supi10,

I hope you had very nice holidays in Praslin and I need your help because we will be 1 week in Praslin.

Can you please reply to your own questions:

1) The tours are $200 per person?

2) Cousin and Curieuse islands, what you can do there? Its worth to visit it?

3) Snorkeling day trip to Coco and Felicite is a must go tour?

Regards

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning Praslin - 3 days.

Hi thr

The tours with the bigger companies are fancier, however there are smaller guys by the water - like Sagittarius tours who do it for a lot cheaper, but thr boats are smaller- so if the water is choppy, be ready for that.

I did not land up doing snorkeling since I was diving there, but if I were to do a trip- j would go snorkeling around felicite/ at Pierre coz i heard amazing things about it.

Cousin/ curiuse has birds, giant tortoise - none of which looked amazing to me.

I highly suggest renting a car.

We drove around every day around the island, make reservations at raffles rooftop for drinks, or other top hotels and u can check out the beautiful hotels (u can only enter top hotels if u eat/ drink there with reservations).

Day trip to la digue

Reply to: Planning Praslin - 3 days.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praslin Island