We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter-islands ferries

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Inter-islands ferries

Hello,

I'll be thankful for information about THE CHEAPEST ways to go between the islands: Mahe, Praslin & La Digue. for example slow ferries etc...including informtion about schedules and prices.

Thank's

Ori

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inter-islands ferries

Hi Orilevy,

The cheapest way to get to La Digue from Mahe is La Belle Seraphina, a cargo boat which is very cheap but the journey takes more than 3 hrs. You need to go to Mahe jetty one day before getting to La Digue to find out if the boat is running or not. Normally it leaves Mahe for La Digue around 12 and the return is very early in the morning around 5 am. You can also contact Peter Payet, the owner (mv.seraphina@yahoo.com) for some fresh info.

For Mahe-Praslin the only available boat is Cat Cocos ferry - 100 euro per return ticket.

I do not recommend taking a boat / ferry during July and August due to roughness of the seas.

Miki

Edited: 2:37 pm, May 20, 2014
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inter-islands ferries

Dear Miki,

thank's for your answer.

A. From Mahe to Praslin, 100 Euro sounds a lot! so how much would cost the flight? Also, i saw that 100 Euros return is the price if i book it online. if i come and pay in cash - would it be the same price?

B. Which ways exist and What's the cheapest way to go from Praslin to La digue, including prices and schedule?

Thank's

Ori

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inter-islands ferries

one more thing - when you write that it leaves at 12 - do you mean noon or midnight?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inter-islands ferries

Hi Orilevy,

Belle Seraphina leaves around noon; the cheapest way to see all 3 islands is to take BS to La Digue for 15 euro one way, then 13-14 euro for Praslin with Cat Rose and at the end 50 euro for getting back to Mahe with Cat Cocos. If you pay cash you will pay more than booking via seychellesbookings.com.

Flights to Praslin are more expensive than ferry, prices starting from 105 euro return basis.

Miki

Edited: 6:56 am, May 21, 2014
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inter-islands ferries

Thank's a lot!

Mahe Island...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Inter-islands ferries

Hi,

there is a discount on Cat Cocos tickets now,

if you book online: http://www.catcocos.de

It's Valid til 31.08.

Regards Rod

7. Re: Inter-islands ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 22, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island