We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Mahe Island

Campinas, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
10 days in Mahe Island

Hello,

I'm gonna stay 10 days in mahe island, and I want to know what is the must do things in mahe island?

I rent a car, so distance is not a problem.

Thanks!

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Hello Thierry!

One of the thing not to be missed is the market in Victoria that offers fruit varieties for sale completely unknown to Europeans. Wherever you go, stall holders are extremely friendly.

They appreciate the presence of visitors and will be delighted to show you the right way open the various exotic fruits to get at the exquisite flesh inside. The Victoria Market is open from 9 am to 4 pm (except on Sundays).

Exploring the gorgeous wild beaches of the south of Mahé with their white powder sand, the crystal clear water and the indescribably colorful underwater world.

A trip to Moyenne Island from Mahé is also a must : intact nature and the beautiful tortoises!

Sarah

Campinas, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

How can i reach Moyenne Island?

Campinas, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Thanks for the tips!

About Sunday, Seychelles is a country, whose in Sunday everything is closed?

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Hi Thierry,

If you're into hiking, Mahe has some great walking trails in/around the Morne Seychellois National Park. We only had time to take the trail to Anse Major. The views along the coastline were stunning.

You should also check out the beaches in the south/southwest of the island and don't miss the Wednesday evening bazaar in Beau Vallon where you can taste some of the local dishes served from stalls just behind the beach.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Hi Thierry!

Copolia trail is the best among the trails on Mahe. You will have a gorgeous view of St Anne Marine Park and nearby islands. The platform on the top of Copolia is really stunning.

You can visit Jardin du Roi which offers you the possibility to learn about the tropical species of plants. A passion fruit icecream should not be missed. I would add also Plaine St Andre for a rum tour and a lunch. Plaine St Andre 8 years old rum is much bettet than Takamaka Bay so I advise you to buy some aged rum also for enjoying it at home.

Moyenne Island can be reached by going on a day tour in St Anne MP or by asking a local boatman to take you there.

A sunset in Beau Vallon should not be missed also. You can visit also Anse Royale for a snorkeling session.

Miki

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Dear Thierry,

Many things are closed but you will find Indian Shops for food shopping that stays open (and Le Jardin du Roi is also open for example!)

The southern part of Mahé has the most interesting variety of beaches, restaurants and Art Studios. Drive out of Victoria and past the airport. Take in some snorkeling at Anse Royale or simply find one of the secluded beaches and enjoy the sand, sun and surf. Drive across to Anse Intendance or Anse Takamaka, and between there and Anse à la Mouche you will find many delightful restaurants serving fine seafood and Creole lunches.!

Enjoy!

Sarah

Campinas, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Thanks a lot everyone for the help!

I knew about Wednesday Bazar, but I'm afraid I cannot visit because I'm gonna stay between 19th to 29th december, and Christmas is just in Wednesday. Saturday bazar is good too?

Sarah did you believe I'm Brazilian and I don't know how to surf! It's a shame I know, but it's a great opportunity to learn!

Thanks again I'm adding in my schedule this great places!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Unfortunately there is no bazar on Saturday at Beau Vallon, but you can visit Victoria Market on Saturday because the market is very vibrant. You will find lots of tropical vegetables and fruits and only admiring the landscape is an attraction itself. Bazar should be closed on Christmas day since more than 80% of the population are Christians.

Miki

Campinas, SP
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Hey Miduta what you think about this schedule?

20/12 - Anse Macabee and get around the apartament

21/12 - Beau Vallon

22/12 - Anse Royale

23/12 - Mission Lodge, Vitoria, Tea Factory

24/12 - Anse La Mouche, Anse Intendance, Anse Takamaka

25/12 - Beau Vallon ( I think this day everything it will closed)

26/12 - Port Glaude - Waterfall

27/12 - La Digue - Sunny Trail boat trip Coco and Felicite Island

28/12 - Saint Anne Marine Park

29/12 - Praislin - Boat Trip to Cousin and Curiese Island, Coco D'Or

30/12 - La digue - Sunny Trail to maron beach, and other beaches

31/12 - Hotel Day - Fond Ferdinand

01/12 - Praislin - Anse Lazio, Anse Georgette

02/12 - Crying goodbye!

So What do they think?

How much money i need to bring by day? 100 euros per person? Only to eat and buy some stuffs!?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 days in Mahe Island

Overall the itinerary sounds ok but there are some parts of it that do not make sense: On 26.12 you will be on Mahe, then the day after are you going to La Digue for a day trip to Coco and Felicite while on 28.12 you are visiting St Anne MP? This means a lot of day travelling between islands: Mahe - La Digue - Mahe on 27th, Mahe - Praslin on 28th after visiting St Anne MP. You should put St Anne MP at least on 27th, then La Digue trips on 28-29th while Praslin should remain at the end of your trip. Otherwise you will be tired and you will spend more money than it should be.

Miki