We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Reading, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Hi, I'm having a dilemma!

I'm already booked in to the hilton for our last 5 nights at the end of August after staying at la reserve and la domaine for 4/5 nights each. It looks lovely but I keep thinking about the four seasons and whether its worth the extra to finish our trip in style!

We are in an ocean front villa B and B and have a car but if we did switch we would have the cheapest room at four seasons. Does anyone know (roughly) what we should expect the difference in cost to be for the same nights and board basis? And most importantly, is it really worth it?

Thanks!!

Reading, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Just had email back from seyexclusive. It's £1800 so way over our budget anyway. Hilton northolme it is!

I'm also starting to wish I'd booked lemuria instead of la reserve as they were same price when i booked in sept, now lemuria is £1000 more for 5 nights. Tho this was based on staying at ephilia aswell instead of hilton.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Stayed in both FS and HN and in a head to head competition here are the winners:

1. Accomodation - slight advantage to FS with The Hilltop Ocean Villa

2. Beach - FS wins this category

3. Food - draw

4. Service - draw

5. Snorkeling - Hilton Northolme near the rocks

6. Vicinity to local restaurants and water activities - HN

7. Price - HN

If you are a beach lover or you desire a more fancy accomodation you had to choose FS, otherwise the better value for money is given by Hilton Northolme.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

La Reserve is more cosy, romantic and closer to shops and restaurants than Lemuria and better value for the money paid. It is true Lemuria has better accomodation and by far better beaches and diverse activities but depends very much what you are looking for.

Reading, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Lemuria is £1000 more for 5 nights so sticking with la reserve. I could have only got it for the same price by staying at ephilia instead of hilton to get a combined discount. I was hoping to be able to treat us to a fancy end to our stay but £1800 is just never going to happen!! I don't fancy banya tree so where we are staying seems the best we can afford. Till we win the lottery!!

Reading, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Is it still possible/easy to visit the beaches of these posh hotels or have a drink?

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Both beaches are available for visiting with a previous reservation: just call Lemuria and Four Seasons one day before the visit and everything should be just fine. On Anse Georgette there are no sunbeds and the trip from the main gate will take you 15 mins by foot in a spectacular landscape: golf court, lake, frangipani trees. Petite Anse has sunbeds and you can have a drink or two at one of the bars.

Norway
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

We're back for the third time at Northolme and although we've had mixed experiences, it is still a beautiful hotel despite it's age. It is also the world's smallest Hilton, making it the most exclusive one at the same time. If you book at a flexible rate and check back regularly for promos etc on the HHonors website, you can usually get a decent rate which can be quite a bargain compared to some of the other hotels. If you are HH Gold or Diamond, you also get free breakfast and internet access, both of which can be very expensive (breakfast approx €26 pp per day)

Enjoy your stay at Northolme!

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

Nimenine can you please tell me why you have experienced mixed feelings at HN? I have visited only once HN and everything was perfect from service and food to accomodation and snorkeling, the only thing we did not like so much was the beach. And why are you coming back if it does not meet your expectations?

Thank you!

Miki

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

How much is taxi fare from Mahe Airport to Hilton Northlome? I will be leaving in less than 2 weeks so I am very curious. Let me know if you could. Thanks.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton northolme vs four seasons

30 euro (450 Rs).

Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island