We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis, Meals & Junior Suites and the Constance

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlisle
Level Contributor
42 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis, Meals & Junior Suites and the Constance

Hi,

Just a couple of quick questions:

- Are taxi's from the airport metered? How much should they cost and is there a need to book in advance?

- We are staying in a junior suite. Where are the quietest rooms and which beach is more nicer, North or South?

- Can you eat at resturants (other than the buffett one) for free or is there a supplement? Is this restricted?

Thanks so much

Katherine

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis, Meals & Junior Suites and the Constance

Hi Katherine

1 - Taxis are metered in theory, but in practise probably not. Organise a transfer through your hotel or ground handler for safety and an agreed price. It is far safer. I have used cabs on many occasions and whilst they are generally fine, but I have witnessed clients in real stress as they negotiate the fare. The Ephelia resort is the longest transfer from the airport on Mahe and the rate could very. Best to be sure.

Best beach is all down to taste. South is shallow and you can take long strolls along it without interruption, the North is arguably more scenic but 'busier'.

Yes, you can eat at the other restaurants (with one exception) for no supplement, however that buffet is the best I've ever experienced in all of Seychelles with an Indian live cooking station that meant once hooked, I could never leave...

Habich
Level Contributor
813 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis, Meals & Junior Suites and the Constance

It's quiet all over. We had no problems on the North. Eating is wonderful all over. The exclusive extra-pay restaurant wasn't needed. We had a laid back holiday.

3. Re: Taxis, Meals & Junior Suites and the Constance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island