We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

hi

we'll be spending a few days in mahe at the end of our trip close to the above hotels and thought we might make use of the restaurants and possibly spa facilities at one of these hotels for a day of our stay. does anyone have any recommendations of one over the other, nice restaurants for lunch or for a nice evening meal? how do the spas compare? how are the beaches at these hotels and do non residents have access eg if they have lunch there?

thanks!

1. Re: four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:06 am, May 01, 2013
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

my wife had a massage at banyan tree,said it was the best massage she has ever had.

London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

the beaches are very different and so is the access to them in my experience. All beaches are open to the public, but there may be parking restrictions at the hotels (ie you can only park if you are eating there maybe?)

You can drive right up to Intendance without even going onto the Banyan Tree property if you want to. its a beautiful long beach but the seas can be rough so if the waves look strong and you are not a good swimmer be careful - if its calm the rocks are a good place to snorkel.

Petite Anse at Four Seasons is beautiful, very flat and clean, water is very calm again snorkelling was pretty good by the rocks - i think you may have to park by the main gates and walk down to the beach if you are a non-resident though (not sure as i have only been on it when we stayed last year).

Spas i cant comment on, but the food at Four Seasons is really good and they do a good range of foods: pizza, fish, meat, pasta, sanndwishes, salads etc.. obviously it will be more expensive than eating at one of the smaller restaurants nearby though.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

Two wonderful hotels, two amazing spas.

I'd have to say the location of the one at the Four Seasons would take some beating. It's on top of the hill overlooking the beach and at sun down it forms part of the most amazing spa experience i've had.

Banyan has a slightly different feel, but is great too.

If you want to spend a lazy day then Four Seasons works best. The restaurant overlooking the beach is wonderful and relaxed and the beach there is superb!

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

Thanks for the really helpful feedback! they both sound great, think we'll make the decision when we get there

6. Re: four seasons and banyan tree facilities for non-residents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, October 19, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island