We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fares

UK
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi Fares

Is there anyone who can advise on the likely taxi fare from Mahe Airport to the Ephelia Resort. We are told that we will have to haggle with the taxi drivers, which is fine if you have any idea of the likely cost. Our Tour Operator has quoted what appears to be an unrealitic price.

Mentioned in this post
Mahe Island
Mahe Island
Seychelles
11. Re: Taxi Fares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:06 am, May 01, 2013
Seychelles
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi Fares

Taxis are stationed at the airport for all arriving and departing flights so there should be a taxi available past midnight too. If you want to be absolutely certain of your transfer you can contact your accommodation and ask them to pre-book a driver for you. This is best done very close to the date of travel. Bon voyage!

Edited: 4:23 am, March 14, 2011
13. Re: Taxi Fares

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, January 18, 2012
Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi Fares

Thanks for the reply.

I know its safer to pre book with the hotel, but the hotel charge me 2-3 times more compare if i get the taxi myself

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi Fares

Hi there

Agree the fare in advance and limit it to say EUR25 for day time and 35 for the evening, that should well and truly cover the cost, although I have been there on occasions where the drivers have kind of made a pact not to reduce the cost.

Ephelia is reasonable transfer, around 30 minutes so it could be as much as EUR45, but no more than that.

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi Fares

Hi

I think i was quoted 50 Euro from airport to reach the hotel

guess a bit over priced

my only worry is to reach the airport at mid night and find no taxi around

17. Re: Taxi Fares

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 11:06 am, May 01, 2013
Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Taxi Fares

Thanks

looking forward to visit this beautiful land!

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxi Fares

we were charged Euro 50 from the airport to hilton hotel, at around mid nite.

I think it was bit overcharged but we dont have much of a choice

20. Re: Taxi Fares

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island