We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

Which Mahe Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

I've been looking at the pictures for Fisherman's Cove - the rooms, restaurants etc look lovely but the beach looks a bit rocky/no water at low tide!? Has anyone been and able to advise on that and the resort also generally? Thanks!

Presteigne, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

We stayed at Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove and had a fantastic stay on honeymoon in Sept. We had a standard room overlooking the pool and the rooms are beautiful with a raised bath on wooden planking and a massive shower on decking in the centre of the room. A little cookie buggy visits every room at 5pm before the daily movie starts and the tea and coffee at 3pm is a joy sitting on the decks overlooking the sea.

We have never stayed in more than a Travel Inn in the UK, so this was luxurious. We can't comment on the food in the daytime other than breakfast (which was comprehensive) as there is nothing for vegetarians except plain salad.

There is a small shop just along the road where we bought drinks as the mini bar is £4 for a bottle of Coke or £1 in the shop. Water too is only £2 for a few litres, not £2 a bottle as in the hotel.

The cocktail bar in the evening was quiet, discreet and beautifully lit with soft music playing from the dining area. The setting with swaying palm trees and the wind off the sea is glorious and the view over the bay is pretty at night. Walk down to the path at the sea's edge and watch the hundreds of little crabs scuttling below at high tide.

This is a quiet and unassuming hotel where you can have peace and quiet in lovely surroundings. It was worth the extra expense from moving from the awful Coral Strand further down the beach.

london
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

I stayed there March 2003 - since then the hotel has been refurbished - judging by the new photos the basic buildings remain - very expensive and poor a/c.

Presteigne, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

Just to let you know that we stayed in the new buildings by the pool (Sept 2005) and the a/c was perfect, so you may then want to get a room further down the slope if that's the case. Also, the older rooms were all closed when we were there. :O)

Seychelles
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

Hi,

I live in the residential area just across from Fisherman's Cove. It is a nice enough hotel but soooooooooo expensive. For that kind of money I would recommend a million times you go directly to Praslin or La Digue. I have friends from Italy who just visited and they enjoyed Mahe, but only for two reasons: they were staying at our house for free and we had a car to take them around the island. However, they were completely breathtaken by their trip to La Digue.

when are you going? that also makes a big difference. During my friends trip it rained on Mahe almost every single day throughout the day... I felt sorry for all the tourists. If you can, avoid traveling to Seychelels in December or January. It is not worth the risk considering how expensive it is.

London, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fisherman's Cove - any advice!?

Thanks Kasara, we were planning to go in late April/early May - what's the weather like then?

Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island