We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

Cambridge
2 posts
Save Topic
Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

Hello,

I'm going to Mahe in June, but I don't know if it is really difficult to find excursions from Mahe to Praslin and the other islands.

Anyone know a nice travel agency who organize this trips from Mahe? Or how difficult it is?

Thanks

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

I don't think it would be difficult on arrival. If you want to explore a few options before you get there. Google search Masons Travel or Creole Travel Services, both of these offer a variety of trips. You can also get to Praslin under your own steam on either the Cat Cocos ferry or on a short puddle hopper flight. I'd wait until you get there though to book anything. Most hotels and guesthouses would be able to advise I imagine and certainly in the larger hotels there will be an excursion service.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

Mason's is very good and long-standing outfitter in the SEZ.

On arrival Mahe, we connected direct to Praslin by air (15/min) for stay here about 5/days. Able to arrange day-trips to close-in islands and one-day ferry to La Digue. On the return we stopped in Mahe for 2-3/days with sightseeing on and in/around the island. We didn't, but you can rent a car to investigate off-the-beaten-track beaches.

We arranged all tours, sightseeing and day trips once in-country... easy enough!

Cambridge
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

Thank you for your help, I will contact Mason and Creole.

Crawley
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

There is lots of trips to islands, If i only want to do one trip which island or trip would you recommend?

Takamaka, Seychelles
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

Hi you can do a day trip to both Praslin and La Digue organised via the local agents as already mentioned. We would send alot of our clients on the day trip and they do enjoy it. Abit tried but it is well organised and they get to see all the sights. Enjoy your holidays.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

Well, it's pretty easy actually to do it yourself. You can either wait until you get there and book via one of the many ground handlers who will give you the low down on the various options, or you could always book yourself over to Praslin on the air link or Cat Coco and hire a car which would allow yourself time to explore Praslin at your leisure. Remember to take your towels for the visit to Anse Lazio!

La Digue has a direct ferry too, but personallly I would book the cat coco to Praslin and the onward cat from there to La Digue, again you can then book a couple of bicycles to get you around at your own pace, definitely the best way (and most economical).

7. Re: Excursions from Mahe to the other Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island