We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Level Contributor
146 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

We (family with 6 year old son) plan to visit Seychelles in July next year. We think the soon-to-open Four Seasons Hotel look marvellous, but wonder if someone can tell a bit about the hotel, incl. where it is located and wether there are nearby excusions/shopping/restaurants.

In addition about our initiary:

We have two weeks, but do not want to move more than once or max twice. Should we stay two weeks at the Four Seasons and take daytrips from there or are there any other islands that are so special/diffenrent or whatever that we should go there as well? If move: To which islands/hotels?

And finally: I understand that weather is good i July, but what about sea/swimming at the Four Seasons area at that time?

THanks in advance for any input.

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

I have done some research on 4 Seasons and I dont think it is appropriate for children under 11. It looks as though villas are hillside (stilted) and whilst stunning, children would not be suited. I would say somewhere on Praslin (Lemuria, La Reserve) would be nice coupled with a hotel on Mahe or neighbouring island. July not great for swimming if you were staying at say Banyan Tree as south east winds prevailing and sea quite rough.

Hope this helps

Level Contributor
146 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Hi! Regarding Four Seasons being appropriate for taking kids:

As far as I understand, the garden-view villas would be recommended for families. They also offer a kids club for kids from the age of 4, so I do not think that it is not a resort suitable for kids.

In addition; We have visited the Four Seasons Ko Samui with our son. This resort has a similar style (villas on stilts), and the resort took very good care of child proofing the villa for us. Four Seasons are normally very children friendly, which is the main reason why I would like to go there. But; I will definitely check this out before finally making a booking.

3. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:38 am, February 18, 2009
Level Contributor
146 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Thanks!

In the meantime we have booked the Four Season hotel for later in the autumn this year. Just one week, so we decided to stay in just one hotel. I am sure it will be great - the hotel looks absolutely wonderful and we are big FS fans and love their great service, luxurious resorts and child friendly policy.

Is the hotel open now? I understand there was a delay. Can you also tell me more about the area where the hotel is located, incl. are there any nearby restaurants and shopping-opportunities or do we have to drive to Victoria for this? Normally food at FS is always good, but we love to eat somewhere else as well for the variation.

As far as I see from their internet site, they will offer daytrips to Vallée de Mai and I am sure we will take this trip while being there. We will also visit Victoria of course. Are there any other sights not to be missed?

Thanks a lot in advance for answering my questions!

5. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:41 am, February 18, 2009
Montigny-le-Bretonne...
Level Contributor
61 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Musken, we plan to try the new FS Seychelles next October. I sent a message to FS and they sent me a 7 days sample itinerary.

They do offer day trips to Praslin, small islands around Mahé (Cousine, Curieuse, Saint-Pierre), and Mahé itself (les Jardins du Roi, Bel Ombre, Victoria).

As it will be our first time in Seychelles,we would also like to go to La Digue. Boat transfer seems very long, so I tried to contact Helicopter Seychelles but they told me that Four Seasons Helipad is not built yet, I do not know if it will be by next October. (Anyway helicopter transfer to la Digue is quite expensive - nearly 1.000€ one way!)

I'm looking forward the first review on TA with pictures of the hotel and surroundings!

Level Contributor
146 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Thanks for the tip. I will get involved with our initiary planning soon and will get in though with the hotel to get more details about what they offer. However, since we travel with our son, we will make sure we spend lots of time at the resort itself as well.

8. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, February 12, 2009
Bremen, Germany
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Hiya,

has anyone been to the Four Seasons yet??

We're planning to go on a romantic holiday to the Seychelles in June 09,

and will have the last few days on Mahe.

Very hard to decide between brandnew Four Seasons and Banyan Tree,

can anyone give us some advice regarding beach, food, accommodation, seaview, swimming possibilities (heard they're hardly ever good at Banyan, but then we'll be a few days on Denis Island and Praslin before so maybe that would be bearable..)?

Maybe the Four Seasons has had a "Soft Opening" before just opening officially earlier this month?

We'd appreciate any helpful advice,

thx!!

10. Re: Seychelles in July: New Four Seasons and ?

Removed on: 7:39 am, February 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island