We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to organise wedding!!

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
trying to organise wedding!!

Im trying to organise my wedding, cant decide on mauritiius or seychelles!!

Im thinking of the wedding party itself...some only wanting b&b basis as they dont like being in one place and like to eat out everynight rahter than in the hotel complex, Where as me and my partner would like all inclusive basis bearing in mind we have our son who will be 18mnths old upon travelling.

And also a family of four who may require a hotel on a smaller budget?

Any ideas, i see fishermans cove has a few altenate hotels around it and self catering villa's...

How cheap is it to eat outside complexes? is worth considering non all inclusive for ourselves?

Help....any advice would be wonderful...as im sooo confused!! haha...

Torquay, England
Level Contributor
691 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to organise wedding!!

Hi,

If choosing the Seychelles and Mahe Island I would go with the Beau Vallon area as there is something there for everyone on all budgets from good hotels to great value guest houses and self catering accommodation.

With regards to the cost of eating out this can vary greatly. I notice that someone has posted within the past couple of days that the cost of evening meals at the Hilton is £50 per person excluding drinks but I have seen that you can eat a good evening meal at guest houses for 10 euros a night. Big difference. Also I believe you can get food from the stalls in the evening for about 2 euros. Have not tried this but someone said it was good value.

We stayed on Praslin and paid about £6-8 for an evening meal at a good local restaurant or 30 euros for a meal at Lauries (wonderful). As you can see prices vary greatly. Also £5 for a bottle of Seybrew at the Hilton, 75p in the supermarket or we paid about £1.20 at the 3 star hotel we stayed in, so again a great difference in price. Wine expensive everywhere though.

With regards to all inclusive, I have not seen many hotels offering this option in the Seychelles.

Mauritius is cheaper but very different from the Seychelles. Seychelles is much quieter and more nature, in Mauritius you will get stuck in traffic jams around Port Louis but some good shopping there and many bargains to be had. Also cheaper for water sports, excursions etc and water park etc should you so wish. We had a fantastic day out on a catamaran with all food and drink included in Mauritius for about £25 each including Dolphin spotting, snorkelling, deserted island visit etc. Great day out.

When are you planning on getting married. What month? That could make a difference to which country I would choose.

Mentioned in this post
Mahe Island
Mahe Island
Seychelles
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Kenilworth
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trying to organise wedding!!

Hi,

At Beau Vallon we ate at the following

The boat House - 20 Euro per head - Creole Buffett

Bababob? Pizza - 8 Euro per head - Pizza

Al Mare - 15/20 Euro per head - International (had Prawns and Fish)

The Hilton - 50 Euro per head (plus 7% plus 10%)various buffet nights, always the highest quality. There's also Les Cocotiers in the Hilton we didn't eat there but couldn't see it being less than £50 per head more like £70.

All rough guides - all exclude drinks.

All perfectly fine - but only the Hilton matching (and exceeding) the standards you might expect in the UK, the rest might be a challenge if you have high expectations.

Having driven around the whole island Beau Vallon is the area to be in. The main problem to travel is that at night it get's very dark, very quickly, there are no pavements, not many street lights, most locals don't have cars and so walk on the road (wearing black)all this makes driving more than a few miles at night somewhat challenging and not very pleasant.

PS I'm not a wuss I drive 20k a year for my job.

Regards

Mentioned in this post
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
853 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trying to organise wedding!!

Hi

I would be inclined to agree with the Beau Vallon area bearing in mind the diversity of your wedding party.

We stayed at the Northolme for our honeymoon last August and certainly didn't spend £50 per head at any of the restaurants including Les Cocotiers. We purposely didn't eat at the buffet as we would not want three courses but did eat at Les Cocotiers, the bar, room service and also had a honeymoon dinner.

As far as I am aware, there are no all-inclusive options available in the Seychelles apart from North Island, unlike Mauritius.

Mentioned in this post
Beau Vallon
Beau Vallon
Mahe Island, Seychelles
london
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trying to organise wedding!!

Hello

I would talk to Christine from Seyexclusive. She is very helpful and her knowledge of the island is fantastic. She can also get some very good deals!!

Good Luck

5. Re: trying to organise wedding!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, February 12, 2009
6. Re: trying to organise wedding!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, October 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mahe Island