We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arab towns along route 85

Gambier, Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Arab towns along route 85

Are any of these towns worth stopping at to eat? Rama, Nahr, or Shaghur

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,166 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arab towns along route 85

I am sure there are restaurants there, certainly in Rama. Never been or eaten there. A very good and also famous Arab restaurant is on road 65 in Um-El Fahem, just off the road on the right side when you come from the east, called El-Babor. Worth going there just for that.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,090 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arab towns along route 85

I ate at a nice restaurant in Nahf, opposite Karmiel. Can't remember the name ...

There is a nice restaurant in the Dor-Alon gas station on Hwy 885 near the junction with 65 (north of Golani junction)

Edited: 4:54 am, February 26, 2010
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,921 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arab towns along route 85

To comment on what mbgg wrote above. I am sure there are non-Israeli out there thinking .....gas station???? YUP in Israel there are a number of really good restaurants in gas stations ( real restaurants, waiters etc.) So--while I haven't been to the one he refers to--it is definitely something that does exist.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arab towns along route 85

Plenty of good restaurants along this road and in the specific towns you mentioned.

But let me recommend you on 2 which I think are the best Arabs restaurants in Israel, both serve traditional Arab food:

Al Assil

Rte. 85 Acco Safed across the turn into the village

04-9587142

Azva

Rama Sajur Juncktion

04-9888808

Gambier, Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arab towns along route 85

Thanks for all the suggestions. Are these villages worth a quick look too? I will be pressed for time that day.

Gambier, Ohio
Level Contributor
80 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arab towns along route 85

Al Assil? Which village is this?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arab towns along route 85

My mouth is watering just reading this thread.

Shabbat shalom!

Douglas Duckett

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arab towns along route 85

Al Assil is the name of the restaurant.

It is easy to locate both:

Driving from Carmiel on route 85 you'll come to the junction of the western entrance to Rame or Rami. This is also the junction you turn to Saghur. To get to Azva you turn left to Rame and the restaurant will be on your right on the junction. To get to Al Assil you don't turn but drive straight 100-200m and you'll see an unpaved road to your right leading to the restaurant surrounded by old olive trees 50m from the main roads.

BTW when I say "traditional Arab cuisine" I mean really traditional. The menu changes from time to time according to what can be picked in the fields at that time….

9. Re: Arab towns along route 85

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 26, 2010