We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops opening hours

Which Tiberias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Shops opening hours

I have tried, without luck, to find out if there are any shops in Tiberias open in the evening.

Since the day is packed with program, it would be nice to do some shopping when the sun is gone for the day ( we'll be there next week)

In Norway, shops normally close at 5 p.m., but malls/shoppingcenters always close at 8 p.m. Wonder if it is something like that in Israel/Tiberias?

Thankful for answers!

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shops opening hours

BIG shops are never close to the city centres, which is one of the things that makes them competitive, but still an easy taxi or bus ride away. And this is no exception. I was actually not answering you or doubting your research, Eryria, but Shoshi's rebuke.

Edited: 11:29 pm, December 22, 2009
Norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shops opening hours

I'll try the mall. I'm glad that there are open shops in the evening, though it may not be the best ones. We will be happy to just stroll and look. (Israel is exotic to us anyway) And since we are going to some different museums, we can do some some shopping there as well :)

Thank you all!

Norway
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shops opening hours

Well, I used my husbands TA. I didn't recognice he was logged in....Katrine, Norway

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shops opening hours

Nice to make his acquaintance too.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shops opening hours

That's cool - it's the first time I've actually seen a couple on TA, each with their own login and avatar!

Wishing you a great time :-)

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shops opening hours

I shopped at the Poriya/Tiberias Mall in October a couple times. Not really a place for 'entertainment-shopping' -- more a place to grab a few needed items. I do recall it being open weekday evenings, or at least some of the shops were.

But again, as others have said, Tiberias is not a place I'd be looking to shop for pleasure. Are you staying anywhere else in Israel? Haifa has some enjoyable shopping in and around the city, and of course Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

17. Re: Shops opening hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 23, 2010