We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days In Israel

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Days In Israel

We are going to Israel in early September and I am beginning to make hotel reservations. We will spend the first three nights and last night in Tel Aviv, which leaves 7 nights to allocate between Jerusalem and elsewhere. I was thinking of 5 nights in Jerusalem and 2 in Tiberias. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are 3 nights in Tel Aviv enough? I am open to any thoughts. Should we stay in Haifa or Tiberias and are 5 nights in Jerusalem too many?

Thank you!

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days In Israel

I suggest 1 night in Haifa, and only 2 in Tel Aviv. If you have no special interest in Tiberias you can stay in other places like Rosh Pina, Had Ness, Ramot, Nof Ginosar, Hagoshrim and many more. 5 nights in Jerusaelm is fine. I suppose you plan a day trip to the dead Sea & Massada.

Is this your first visit? By the way who are "we" and how many?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,350 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days In Israel

Why are you spending the last night in Tel Aviv? Is it to be "near" the airport? If so, that is unnecessary. Israel is a very small country. You can go to the airport from almost anyplace. In terms of how to divy the balance of your days--what are you interested in. Every place has a different highlight. Who is traveling?

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
15 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days In Israel

Thanks for your quick responses. "We" includes my husband and I and we are interested in everything from Jewish culture to ancient ruins. We are not at all intested in lying on a beach as we live in Florida most of the year. Every suggestion will be welcomed. I have an elderly first cousin living in Israel but I have lost touch with him. Is there any national registry of telephone numbers?

Thanks again.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days In Israel

Yes, sure but it's in Hebrew. I agree on not staying in Tiberias and favouring a village in the outskirts, either on the lake (more humid but very scenic - Nof Genossar, Ein Gev, Ma'agan Michael) or on the hills (Vered hagalil, Had Ness, Ramot). Also, do try to fit in a night in haifa (from which you can easily reach the airport by train - israrail.org.il)

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,100 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days In Israel

Send me a PM (private message) and I'll try to locate your cousin.

Zichron Yaakov...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Days In Israel

Anon, I believe you meant Ma'agan, not Ma'agan Michael (which is located close to Caesarea, next to the Mediterranean sea).

Sanibelle1, if you spend two nights in Haifa rather than in Tiberias, this would allow you an easy access to the north part of Israel (including Old Acre, Rosh HaNikra, Sea of Galilee - all are within 60-90 min. drive from Haifa). If you wish to squeeze the Golan heights into your trip, you might prefer to stay somewhere close to the Sea of Galilee or in the Golan Heights (although in my opinion, it might be a bit too much to squeeze into 10 days...). In such a case, any of Anon's recommendations would work.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Days In Israel

You are right, Mabat - I did mean Ma'agan. Sorry.

8. Re: Days In Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tiberias