We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

We are thinking of taking a taxi from Tel Aviv to Ceasarea to visit some friends during our upcoming trip. They suggested taking a taxi to their house, and then the train back. We will be going on a Saturday evening. They said the return train leaves Ceasarea at 9 PM, but they had no information regarding fares. Does anyone have any information on how much the trip (taxi and train) could cost? There will be at least one adult and 2 12 year olds traveling. (I looked at the taxi thread that was posted, but Caesarea isn't one of the cities listed on the chart.) Thanks again to everyone who has helped us put our trip together--we are leaving on Saturday!

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

There are actually 7 trains leaving Ceasaria for Tel Aviv on Saturday nights. I imagine that with 12-year olds, you will be interested only in the first 3, which are at 20:56, 21:45 and 21:57. You should plan to get there about 10 minutes early to get tickets.

Ceasaria to Tel aviv costs 22 shekels per person above the age of 10. Depending on where you are going, the Hadera train station may be more convenient. It's the next stop on the line, but your hosts should know.

I also couldn't find prices for taxis from Tel Aviv to Ceasaria, and seeing as it's saturday you really have no other choice. To Hadera it's 226 shekels (fixed price) on a Saturday. Ceasarea is a bit further north, so estimate around 300 shekels. You should agree on the price before you get into the taxi. If your hotel can book you the taxi, most taxi ranks will tell you the price over the phone if you ask.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

debi--thanks so much for the taxi information--I'm now thinking that maybe our friends should come and meet us in Tel Aviv for dinner!

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

That may not work out much cheaper. If you invite them to a restaurant, they may assume that you will be paying ...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,072 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

I can attest that this expectation is the norm in Israel, unless you clarify. I stumbled on that a couple of times. It is just a cultural difference from the US, where the issue of who is expected to pay is usually negotiated, often with great gusto when the bill arrives.

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

Too true, Douglas.

Also, if you invite them, they will have to drive down from Ceasarea (about an hour each way), pay for petrol (which could easily come to about 100-150 shekels for a trip like that), and pay for parking, which in Tel Aviv is around 15 shekels an hour.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
6. Re: Taxi fare from Tel Aviv to Caesarea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 04, 2009