We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

klezmer festival

Which Safed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Topic
klezmer festival

Could anyone give me advice where to stay for the klezmer festival. Is it feasible to go back and forth to Tel Aviv? how is it with children?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,856 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: klezmer festival

It is feasible to fo back and forth but you will spend most of the time on the roads.

Tzfat
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: klezmer festival

The police close the roads at 4:00 each day of the festival (August 10th, 11th and 12th this year) and after that people need to park outside of the city and are bussed in (you pay for the bus service, but once you're in Tzfat, there are no charges for the music which are at outdoor stages through the city). People come with kids -- it seems to be to be kind of hard because the music only really starts at 9:00pm, but they do it. If you want to stay in the city, look at the Tzfat accommodations page at www.safed-home.com.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: klezmer festival

Driving back and forth each day for the festival from Tel Aviv to Tsfat is a bit much, especially with children. If you want to enjoy more than one evening of the festival, it would be best if you found someplace in the area - either Tsfat or surrounding areas to stay.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: klezmer festival

I suggest staying in Rosh Pina. It is a short drive from Tsfat.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: klezmer festival

There is a hotel in Tzfat - the Ruth Rimonim. I have stayed there twice in 2006 & 2007 for the Klezmer fest. I haven't been there since 2007. It is a convenient location with a beautiful view but the hotel is expensive and really "worn.' Don't know if they made any upgrades since my stay. The first year we had a nicer room but the second time the room was just so-so. They have a pool area that is nice with a great view. It's an option & convenient. The concerts can go on 'til late in the evening so I would not want to be too far and the roads are winding and dark.

This year we'll be staying in Amirim, nearby...but Rosh Pina would be equally close.

Edited: 10:47 pm, July 05, 2010
6. Re: klezmer festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 02, 2011