We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peaceful times in Tsfat

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Peaceful times in Tsfat

I feel the need for a few days of peace and relaxation and am drawn to Tzfat.

It could be a zimmer, it could be a small guest house. The priorities are peace, quiet, contemplation and maybe some healthy food.

Any reccos?

Graham

HaAri 8
$$ - $$$, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Bat Yaar
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, Barbecue, American
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
46 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

Are you looking for a place in the city itself or in the area?

If you are looking for a place in the area, then I recommend looking for a zimmer in Amirim, which is a special village in which they eat only vegetarian food. It is not far from Tsfat.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,418 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

Amirim is a great idea, I pesonally do not like Tzfat. Amirim will be peaceful, I would say, deadly peaceful. As for food, there is Dalia, the only restaurant, there is also a cafe, nice food but expensive for what you get. There are a few take-aways too. Try to get a zimmer with a view (like Nof10). The views are fantastic.

Edited: 11:13 am, December 09, 2009
Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

Amirim is lovely - try one of those three

http://www.rrr.co.il/showCabin.asp?site=296

http://www.nof10.com/

www.eretz-hagalil.co.il/EN/princess.asp

Tzfat
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

A lot of people come to Tzfat to enjoy the quiet, meditate, and enjoy being with the friendly local folks, many of whom are english-speakers.

Amirim is beautiful but there's not much to do there besides enjoy the view.

In Tzfat visitors can enjoy the historical sites, learn at local seminars and workshops (many of which are free), do volunteer work, study art, visit art galleries, and also get to know the local community which is quite open and inviting.

The website with the most comprehensive information about visiting Tzfat is www.safed-home.com. You can find a calendar with upcoming scheduled events, information about artists and galleries, information about tzimmers (guest houses) and hotels, as well as the most information about Tzfat's history and historical sites available on the web.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

I am not trying to talk you out of Tsfat, Graham, because I enjoy my visits there. So if Tsfat is your place, by all means go there.

I will simply say that I cannot imagine a most quiet, restful, and reflective place than Nof 10 in Amirim. It is private, quiet, and doesn't just offer a view, it offers A VIEW! As I understand it, you're not as much looking to "do things."

Livnotlaurie's resources should be very helpful if you do decide on Tsfat. Can anyone give our friend first-hand recommendations on zimmers? I have always stayed at the Rimonim there.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,290 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

Laurie--someone asked me and now I will ask you. Do you know when the Klezmer festival will take place in 2010? --thanks

mid-hudson valley...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

I thought this place in Tsfat looks and sounds great... and at least one of the rave reviews (debbierich) is definitely real and others seem authentic as well.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297763-d651178…

Tzfat
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

The website that I mentioned, www.safed-home.com has an extensive list of accommodations, including guest houses, hotels, and hostels. The list runs the gamet from very high end to simple and inexpensive. The list concentrates on what's available in the Old City/Artist Quarter.

The rooms at the Rimonim are fine, but a lot of people stay in nearby guest houses which are less expensive and just as nice. You can buy a voucher to eat breakfast at the Rimonim hotel, which is what everyone raves about.

The dates for Klezmer haven't been announced yet. Keep an eye on the website listed above--as soon as the dates are listed, they'll be posted on the homepage.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

Laurie, the list is wonderfully helpful. I think what Graham is looking for -- and what this forum provides often -- is direct experience of someone to help him choose from among the list. Lots of places can be on a list -- terrific, middle-of-the-road, and places-to-be-avoided. So I hope that someone can help him sort out among those. As is her custom, dw325 has already started. :-)

Douglas Duckett

Tzfat
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Peaceful times in Tsfat

Klezmer dates y'all

August 10th, 11th and 12th 2010