We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

My wife and I will be visiting Israel in May and are looking for a nice place to stay in Safed on May 15, a Friday night. Unfortunately we can only stay one night, and many of the hotels we have looked at will only accept bookings for two nights at the weekend. Any helpful suggestions?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,032 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

You can get a Friday night in one of the hotels or B&Bs only as a "last moment" booking if someone has a vacancy. The stay is Thursday-Saturday, 2 nights at least.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

Are you stuck on Safed? Rosh Pina is a short drive down the hill and has many B and Bs. It's a lovely little village. Maybe your luck will be better there. Another option (although not as pretty) is Carmiel, about twentyish minutes away heading west. My sister lives in that area and there are zimmers in the surrpounding hills.

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

Did you try contacting the hotels directly? It's not high season and I'm sure you'll get a room.

Tzfat
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

Almost all of these guest rooms will take a booking for one night. www.tzfat.bravehost.com/accommodations.html

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,032 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

Thank you for this list, I kept for future questions.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

Thanks very much for all your help. We're staying at Beit Yosef.

I did contact a number of others who, despite it not being high season, insisted on a two-night stay.

Tzfat
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

Beit Yosef is my neighbor....they have lovely rooms. You'll have a great time.

8. Re: accommodation in Safed on Shabbat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, October 26, 2009