We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

We are first time visitors (4 adults) to Israel this November 2012. We are flying into Tel Aviv on a Friday (9th) late afternoon, renting a car, then heading north to stay the night somewhere (not sure which city to choose, maybe Netanya) before driving north to the Galilee area to spend a couple days then head south to spend three days in Jerualem.

We can't find any reviews for Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments and are wondering if anyone has stayed here and can tell us about the place and parking availability.

Thanks much,

Ana

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

Oreets, thanks for your tip! I'll be looking at the website. I also found a place called Hotel Orit and have asked a new question regarding that one.

Thanks,

Ana

Salford, United...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

please can some one explain to me why lodging should be so expensive in Israel??

I have asked extensively locally even amongst frequent stayers but no one can give me a logical answer to this conundrum. And if that's the case, how on earth can the locals afford these prices?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,743 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

Cost of living in Israel is higher in general compared to the average salary. Many Israelis can't afford holiday lodgings but as the saying goes ' where there is a will there is a way'. BTW it is less expensive in Israel than in London, how do the locals manage there?

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

Weatherlobe:

Please can some one explain to me why trains should be so expensive in Britain??

The train from Tel-Aviv to Haifa takes 1 hr and costs 30.50 NIS.

The train from London to Oxford takes 1 hr and cost 27.50 BP = 165 NIS !

I have asked extensively amongst my British acquaintances but no one can give me a logical answer to this conundrum. And if that's the case, how on earth can the locals afford these prices?

Zurich
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

We stayed one night in August 2013.

This was my worst hotel experience – a huge gap between the presentation and the reality. Even though it must be of recent construction, bad (or lack of) maintenance and management deteriorated it to a disaster zone. Upon arrival, we were offered 3 keys for 3 different rooms and were asked to go visit them and choose the one we like. Our surprise turned to frustration when we were unable to enter any of the rooms – locks broken or blocked. Back at the reception, we were given a key to a 4th room and finally managed to enter it. The only positive thing we can say is that the view of the beach is breathtaking. But the loose fixtures and the wet towels rotting in the fridge brought back the disappointing reality.

Let it rot in peace…

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,118 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

APL--sorry you had to stay there, Had you checked first I would have done everything in my power to dissuade you. I am trying to remember how old the building is. I would venture to say around 30 years. While it does not seem like a long time the sea takes a very strong toll on the physical structure. ( both inside and out) Believe me, my building, also across from the sea is currently undergoing a very very expensive renovation due to it's location. We did it last only 20 years ago!

I do thank you for confirming everything. Please write a review. Wet towels in the fridge -yeeeeewww. BUT I love your closing line!

17. Re: Carmel Hotel Holiday Apartments in Netanya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 18, 2015