We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

Hi,

We are planning to go tomorrow to Nazareth. However our resort owner advices is not to go due to the festivities around Eid Al-Adha. He said it would be to busy.

Can anybody tell me if it is OK to go? I don't mind busy cities, however you should still be able to see the sights.

Thanks

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,797 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

mphillenga

As far as I my search goes no special event are scheduled for tomorrow in Nazareth. It will be busy as for many it is a holiday, but not closed

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,740 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

Its a Moslem holiday and you are going to a Christian site. There may be extra traffic and some street closings but that probably won't affect where you are going much if at all.

Chana

Israel

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

Thank you for the comments. We did go and it was actually really quiet. All sights were open but most of the shops in the souq were closed.

Thanks

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

Glad you went. I hope you told your resort owner that his advice had been incorrect, this way he hopefully won't give it again.

5. Re: Vuist nazareth during Eid Al-Adha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 19, 2014