We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

Quezon, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

Hi! can anybody please tell me if its a good idea to go straight to Nazareth from the TLV --public transport wise-- or would it be wiser to go to Jerusalem first. I already have a few days all pplanned out for Jerusalem but I thought Id go Nazareth first due to changes in my schedule. Id like to see it (Nazareth) for a day or two. Is public transpo on this (TLV -Nazareth) regular on this route these days? help please ???

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,669 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

What time of day and what day of the week are you arriving ? You can take the train from the airport directly to Haifa, then take a bus to Nazareth.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,473 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

You really don't need "a day or two" for Nazareth. There isn't very much to see there, and a couple of hours will be ample.

>>Is public transpo on this (TLV -Nazareth) regular on this route these days?

Which days? There are direct buses from Tel Aviv to Nazareth, and you can see timetables at www.otobusim.co.il (click on "English" in top left-hand corner).

Buses from Haifa to Nazareth - run by a different bus company - are also shown on that website, as are trains throughout the country.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,126 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

It seems that you want to go directly from the Tel Aviv airport, correct? If so the only way to get there is by train to Haifa and bus from there to Nazareth. If it us Saturday or a holiday when you arrive take a taxi to Tel Aviv, sherut to Haifa and the bus to Nazareth from there. You can also visit the holy sites around the Sea of Galilee when up north by taking a bus to Tiberias and either a bus or taxi to the sotes such ad Tabgha, Capernaum (infrequent stop near sites not at sites) and Kursi.

Chana

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,473 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

Sorry, I misread your post to mean from Tel Aviv (the city) and not from the airport straight to Nazareth.

Yes, on a weekday you can take a train to Haifa as Chana says. Get off the train at Lev Hamifratz, and the bus terminal for Haifa is Merkazit Hamifratz, right next door the railway station.

If it's a Saturday you can take the Amal shared taxi from the airport to anywhere in Haifa. Ask to be dropped off at Plumer* Square, which is where the buses to Nazareth start from on Saturdays.

*Not sure of the pronunciation; tell the sherut driver you want to get a bus to Nazareth. He will know where to drop you.

Edited: 4:57 pm, August 21, 2012
Quezon, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

I will arrive TLV past three in the morning. I thought I'd wait a bit at the airport if that's too early a time for the bus or train...

Quezon, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

It's a tuesday early morning when I arrive TLV. Ok, I will check the transpo site . thanks...

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

First train is at 0500 so by the time you get out of immigration and customs you won't have to wait too long. There are no buses, only the train to Haifa and the bus from there. I suppose that for a Christian Nazareth has great value and there is what to see for a day or two. Check the Biblical Village and how to get there. Where are you staying?

Quezon, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

Thanks ,Chana. Im arriving on a tuesday very early morning. May I also ask what travel experts like you would rather do? Stay in Nazareth for a day or two or just stay in Jerusalem for the whole duration of my visit then just take whatever public transpo there is from there to visit Nazareth,Tiberias,Bethlehem,,etc...?only have 7(seven) days to do all these...

Quezon, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

Thanks,Shufaluff...

Edited: 8:39 am, August 23, 2012
Quezon, Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation from TLV to Nazareth

Thanks,Shoshi. Yes,Im a Christian ( Catholic) and I wouldnt want to miss whats important for me to see in Nazareth. Actually,I still dont have an accomodation in Nazareth. Only in Jerusalem. But Im thinking that because Jerusalem is not a short distance to Nazareth, according to threads Ive read here, Im afraid I could lose so much time or maybe even a day travelling by bus or train between these two places if I will just stay in Jerusalem for the whole duration of my visit early next month. What would you do if you were me? Its my first visit to the Holy Land.....