We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nazareth to capernaum

Which Nazareth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
nazareth to capernaum

I am traveling alone and want to know if i can get to capernaum by bus or is there a service to get me there? No rental car for me.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nazareth to capernaum

In order to get from Nazareth to Capernaum you'll need to go to Tiberias first.

From Tiberias you have bus no 450 to Safed. It will take you to Capernaum junction from there you'll have to walk quite a long distance.

On the other hand you can look at it as a pilgrimage tour...

On your walk to Capernaum you'll pass, and can visit, Tabgha and the church of multiplication of the Fish and the Loaves, the church of the Primacy of Peter and the nice promenade along the Sea of Galilee from Tabgha to Capernaum.

To get from Nazareth to Tiberias look for bus 431.

Edited: 12:17 am, July 23, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nazareth to capernaum

If you are coming in the summer months and are going to be walking along this route, be sure to carry plenty of drinking water with you. it is pretty hot and limited shade along the roads. It is 3.5 kilometers from the junction to Capernaum.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nazareth to capernaum

I would suggest taking a taxi. Taking buses is a bit more complicted than mentioned previously. If you are staying in a Nazareth hotel check to see if the offer tours if the holy sites around the Sea of Galilee.

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
8,813 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nazareth to capernaum

You can see from this map that the distances from Kfar Nahum Junction on Highway 90 (where the bus stops) to the Capernaum site is over 3 km.

http://goo.gl/maps/ElJL

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nazareth to capernaum

I see no problem taking the bus if someone is on a budget.

This is the time table of bus 431 from Nazareth to Tiberias.

6:40* Nazareth 7:38

7:20* Nazareth 8:18

8:10* Nazareth 9:08

9:10* Nazareth 10:08

10:25* Nazareth 11:23

11:10* Nazareth 12:02

12:10* Nazareth 13:02

13:10* Nazareth 14:02

14:10* Nazareth 15:02

15:10* Nazareth 16:08

16:10* Nazareth 17:08

17:10* Nazareth 18:08

18:55* Nazareth 19:53

20:40* Nazareth 21:38

As you can see there are plenty of busses that one can take.

When it comes to getting to Capernaum there are no less busses:

7:00 Tiberias 7:52

8:05 Tiberias 8:44

9:15 Tiberias 9:54

10:15 Tiberias 10:54

11:15 Tiberias 11:54

12:30 Tiberias 13:09

13:30 Tiberias 14:09

14:45 Tiberias 15:24

15:45 Tiberias 16:24

17:00 Tiberias 17:39

18:00 Tiberias 18:39

19:15 Tiberias 20:07

3K walk is not a lot and in any case it is not done in one time. He can stop in in each of the 2 churches on the way so the longest walking distance he will have will be around 1.5K (1Mile!!).

In both the 2 churches you have water options and toilets.

More than that, there is also an option to get to Mt beatitude with this bus and walk down in an easy trail, done a lot by pilgrims, to Tabgha. Al in all it will be a full day tour.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: nazareth to capernaum

Thanks motibt for the info. We were staying in Tiberias this week and did the trip you recommended. Bus 450 took us to the Mount of Beatitudes (its the stop after the Kfar Nahum Junction, big sign, you can't miss it, cost 11.40NIS), after that we walked down the hill to Capernaum, the guy at the gate for Mt Beatitudes will point you in the right direction. Not sure if we got the trail right, we walked through the plantations, easy walk but pretty muddy if its been raining). Once you hit the high way theres a paved sidewalk.

Two things to note: there's only one eating place on the walk to Capernaum, its a set menu of fish and salad (about 80NIS) so pack a lunch if you don't want to eat this. Secondly a nice addition to this day trip (if you're coming from Tiberius not Nazareth) could be a Galilee boat ride. We did this the following day from Tiberius to the 'Jesus Boat' in Ginosar Village, our boat was at 8am, taking about an hour, you could easily catch the 450 bus from Ginosar, just take a book as the buses only run every hour.

We also did a day trip on bus 431 to Nazareth, again very simple for those looking to travel without a car, just a little more time consuming.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nazareth to capernaum

Wow

I forgot all about this post...

Hapy I could help you.

8. Re: nazareth to capernaum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 20, 2014