We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere to eat on the 90

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere to eat on the 90

So tomorrow we'll be driving up the 90 from the Dead Sea to the Golan.

We'd like to break our journey somewhere interesting en route along the Jordan Valley. It could be somewhere simple like a hummus or falafel. Palestinian food is fine. Prefer to steer clear of the gas station corporates like cafe cafe et al.

Any great suggestions people?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

There are various facilities dotted along the route. Probably better to drive and stop when you require a break, rather than plan it ahead of time. If you feel up to an initial 2 hour drive or so, there is a new and large shopping centre with numerous outlets at Tzemach, just before the Kinneret.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,583 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

You could wait till you get to Beit Shean and find a number of local options for falafel, shawarma, shipudim, etc.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

Shopping centre is not quite the vibe we are seeking, but thanks for the tip!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

There aren't many options along that route that aren't the "gas station corporates like cafe cafe".

The Rotenberg Restaurant on the Jordan River just opposite of Kibbutz Gesher offers very good (but pricey) food and a very interesting visit as well. www.ekinneret.co.il/site/eng/ip.asp…

Menu:

www.rest.co.il/sites/Default.asp…

Phone: 057-9443272

Edited: 12:09 pm, October 31, 2013
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,982 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

I can definitely disrecommend the felafel place at Mifgash Habika (just north of Petzael). This is a place with a few eateries etc. where buses often stop for a break. One day last week I was on a bus that pulled in there at about 6:30 p.m. for a five-minute break. Famished, I ran to the Yemenite felafel place (that might not be its name and I have no idea whether there's an English sign; that wasn't on my radar!) and grabbed a felafel. It was awful. I wasn't expecting gourmet food, but there are felafels and felafels!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

90 runs through the desert and therefore has very limited amount of places to eat. Gas station eateries are actually some if the best in the country. Mifgadh Habika is your best best before Beit Shean. Take into consideration that tomorrow is Friday and many uf not most places along that route will be closing by around 1 or 2, exceot the gas station stires offering sandwiches and snacks.

Chana

Israel

7. Re: Somewhere to eat on the 90

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 30, 2016