We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shalom Tours

pasadena ca
Level Contributor
27 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Shalom Tours

My wife and I are here in Israel trying to contact the above tour

group and the phone line is always busy 800 763 1948. Is there a Israeli number for them and what are there hours of operation? At what hotels and times do they pick people up ? We are staying at my Dads in Maale Adumim, is there a better way to Jerusalem then the following

We took the bus #176 to ammunition hill and switched to the train to mahane yehuda market and walked down the hill. Are there any good hostels in that area for less then $100 U.S per person?

9 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shalom Tours

Check out the Abraham Hostel - it is located downtown Jerusalem on Jaffa Road and has received lots of good reviews.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shalom Tours

You could also try Beit Shmuel guest house which is in your price range. It is kosher and supervised under the Orthodox Rabbinate. You have to phone them for reservations. Fantastic location between David's Citadel Hotel and King David Hotel at a fraction of the price (and services/standards of course). They also have a hostel but you might be more comfortable in the guesthouse. The hostel is pretty basic and caters to groups.

For less than $200 a night, you might also get into the Montefiore Hotel on Shatz street. Very centrally located only steps from Ben Yehuda. Comfortable, clean, small 3 star hotel, I have stayed there often and think it is one of the best deals for hotels in Jerusalem with regard to rooms and location. Breakfast isn't great but it is included.

pasadena ca
Level Contributor
27 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shalom Tours

Most tours are around $100 per person, my dad who is 83 saids alot

of them can be done on our own for less, but he isnt offering alot of

advice on how to do it. We are here until 01/20, and we want to do

the tours that Shalom Tours has on their website...

Masada and Dead Sea

Jewish Heritage Jerusalem

Ancient Coast

Tel Avi and JAFFE

Israel and Modern Journey

Time Elevator...Rachels Tomb

Damacus Gate...Mount Olive.....Is there a tourist center in Jerusalem?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated...Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shalom Tours

Have you been dialling what you wrote in your post, or the full number 1-800-763-1948? This is an Israeli number. And on their website:

http://shalomisraeltours.com/contact-us/

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shalom Tours

Yes, you can do these tours on your own, some for considerably less. One thing to take into account is that the tours won't likely pick you up in Maale Adumim and you will have to get into Jerusalem early for meeting the tour at one of the main hotels.

Next to the Jaffa Gate are 2 tourist centres. One is government run by the Ministry of Tourism and the other one is privately run.

You could do the Jewish Heritage tour of the Old City or you could go on your own and visit the Cardo, Hurva Synagogue (get reservations in advance), Wohl Archeological Museum and the Davidson Center. They are all very close to each other and easy to find.

You can take a public bus to Masada and get an audio guide to take you around. You can take a bus to Tel Aviv and then take the train along the coast to Akko and see the sites there in a day trip.

Unless you have young children with you, skip the Time Elevator.

The Mount of Olives is predominantly churches.

You might want to consider Zion walking tours

http://zionwt.dpages.co.il/apage/62770.php which will tour you to many of the places you want to see at less than half the price quoted through Shalom Tours including a Jewish Heritage tour and Mt. of Olives.

You can visit Yad Vashem and the Israel Museum on your own. Take a bus into Jerusalem and then the light rail to Yad Vashem.

There are many options available to you. If you are not staying in a central location then it may take a bit longer but is still very doable at a reasonable price.

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Shalom Tours

Hi! I am considering a Pilgrimage Tour to israel in september and like the itinerary on "shalomtours.net.co" do u have any advise as to if they are reputable? If not which tour operators should i consider. I thank u very much in advance

pasadena ca
Level Contributor
27 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shalom Tours

They are well known and extremely helpful in making your

tour the best ever. The tour guides are very friendly and

very knowledgeable. It maybe best to stay in Tel Avi ,

as you will have to get up very early in Jerusalem to be

picked up for your tour..

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,944 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shalom Tours

Shalom Tours is a reputable company and offers weekly tours throughout Israel.

Chana

Israel

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shalom Tours

Abraham Hostel the best one in Jerusalem!!

famoushostels.com/hostels/hostel-jerusalem/

Reply to: Shalom Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted