We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Caesarea
Search

Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
7 helpful votes
Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?
Save

We plan to use Tel Aviv as a base for 3 days and would like to use one of those to spend the day in Caesarea. Will we need a car to explore the city or can we take a bus or other pubic transportation? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
22,674 posts
127 reviews
53 helpful votes
1. Re: Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?
Save

You will not be visiting the city of Ceasarea but rather the national park which is an historical, archaeological site.

You can take a train to Binyamina and from there a taxi to Ceasarea - just make sure to get the number of the taxi so you can call to get the taxi to pick you up to return.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
21,811 posts
2. Re: Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?
Save

New and improved access to Caesarea by public transport: train to Caesarea-Pardess Hanna (from either Tel Aviv or Haifa) and bus 80 from there. Check the times of the trains and buses before you go to avoid long waits.

Trains: www.rail.co.il

Buses: www.bus.co.il

3 posts
3. Re: Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?
Save

Also, there're some cool tours from these guys (we went to Jordan with them - was awesome)

https:/…

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
44,281 posts
43 reviews
44 helpful votes
4. Re: Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?
Save

The above refers to Abraham tours. They do have interesting things, but it should be noted that many of their 'tours" are transportation only. The above reference transportation gives you 3 hours in Caesarea. Personally, considering you will want to eat lunch in the middle of that ( and there are some nice restaurants available) I would either rent a car or take the train. I think you need more time.

If you do rent a car, there is an interesting art museum to visit.

https:/…Ralli_Museums_Caesarea

I found it by accident one year and while I would't go specifically, if I had a car--I would definitely go. ( not sure how much it cost to go by taxi from National Park)

Reply to: Do I Need a Car to Spend a Day in Caesarea?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted