We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

We're 2 travelers, and I need to be at the airport at 8:00 AM on a Sunday, and will be Saturday in Tzfath. So I want to travel from Tzfath to Acco, and there take the train to the airport. I have a train at 5:00 Am, which gets me safely in time to the airport. I also have a train at 5:45. The train takes about 2 hours.

Is it safe (enough timing) to take the 5:45 train ? The flight is for 10:00 AM.

I'm wondering on a economical way to get to Acco. The bus doesn't run at that time, at about 3:30 AM.

Anybody has any ideas or suggestions?

7 replies to this topic
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

There are two options, actually three. One is a taxi from Tzfat, which will cost you over a thousand shekels, plus a surcharge for luggage.

Option 2: You can take a bus on Saturday night from Tzfat to Akko. Take the last bus, at 22:02, arriving Akko 23:26. There is a train from Akko at 00:07, arriving Ben-Gurion Airport at 01:55.

Everything will be open at the airport at that time. Even though you will get there far too early, you'll be surprised how quickly the time passes.

There is no other sensible way to do this. There is no public transport of any kind from Tzfat at 3 a.m. And you don't want to be stuck in Akko for hours in the middle of the night when everything is closed.

Option 3 is to spend Saturday night somewhere closer to the airport. Tzfat is almost as far away and as inconvenient as possible!

Assuming it's an international flight, you need to be at the airport three hours before, not two hours.

Edited: 2:26 pm, February 10, 2014
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,939 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

In short it is not feasibly possible to get to the airport by 7 a.m. Sunday morning from Zfat. As mentioned above I would move to another location for that last night, even by train.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

If you really want to stay in Tzfat and head for the airport only Sunday morning - you will need to take a taxi from Tzfat to the train station in Akko - and you need to get the 5 am train which you say will get you there about 7 am -- you absolutely need to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight - so 7 am is a must.

Keep in mind that the airport is super, super busy at that hour, there will be very long lines for security and check in - you never know what may hold up the lines, etc. and no airline will hold a flight for you if you are not cleared and checked in with time to spare.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

Oh, my first option of taxi from Tzfat, 1000 shekels, is taxi to the airport. It would of course be cheaper to take a taxi to Akko, and that would cost you 296 shekels (plus luggage charge). That's more reasonable. You should of course book it in advance. There won't be taxis cruising around at 3 a.m.

And the 5 a.m. train is too late. It gets to the airport station at 7:07. Allow at least 15 minutes to get from the platform to the security lines in the airport. That is not giving you three hours before your departure. You would need to get the train before that, at 4:06, arriving at the airport at 6:04.

Driving time Tzfat to Akko, based on how long it takes a bus to do the journey, is roughly one hour.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

Am back, and had a great time in Israel. Let me share some of my experiences. It took me about 35 minutes from Tzfath to Acco by car, and that was in the early morning timing with no traffic. My experience with the train - It was great, is one of the most punctual timing I've ever seen. If the train had to arrive 4:02, it was there exactly at that time. Waiting for the train to arrive, I had a convenient waiting area, with an elevator for ease in getting my luggage down. The ride was very smooth, in a comfortable seating, with a table in front of me. It took me straight into the airport, which was very convenient. Travel time was 2 hours.

Great economical way to get to the airport.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,159 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

Yes, the trains are great! Glad everything went well for you.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning

Thanks for letting us know that it all worked out well.

Reply to: Getting from Tzfath to Acco train on a Sunday vearly morning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted