We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private guide from Haifa to Akko for the day

Which Acre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Private guide from Haifa to Akko for the day

Shalom! I need a private tour guide for Thursday, Dec. 27th from the Dan Carmel Hotel to Akko and Rosh Hanikra. Can anybody suggest a good guide for me and my 16 year old daughter? Thank you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Private guide from Haifa to Akko for the day

When using a private guide, I don't suggest paying for a vehicle that the guide almost never use. In Jerusalem's Old City and environs all the touring is done on foot. Why pay for a vehicle that's parked in a garage all day? If you need transportation from your hotel to the Old City, a taxi in the morning and a taxi at the end of the day makes the most sense.

In Tel Aviv, a vehicle is not really necessary either. And I do recommend a single day guided experience in the 'capital of Mediterranean cool' in order to appreciate its role in modern Israel and Zionism.

For touring Galilee and the Dead Sea region privately, you have two options (other than doing it all on your own). You can hire a driving guide who provides transportation or you can save a considerable amount of money and rent a vehicle yourselves, do the driving yourself and use your private guide as your navigator. The guide will sit in the seat next to the driver (one of your group) in this case.

22. Re: Private guide from Haifa to Akko for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, January 30, 2014