We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

I wondered if anyone would know this. When I was in Acre several years ago we ate a sweet dessert that was kind of orange sweet spaghetti textured outside with a kind of cheese gooey middle. It was served on a large tray.

Anyone have any idea what this is called? I sit and dream about it! :-))

cheers

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

Yes, of course. It's called "knaffeh" and is common all over the Arab areas of Israel.

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

Knafeh.

An Arab sweet particularly popular in the evenings during the fast month of Ramadan - which begins this year on July 19th, so book your ticket quickly!

Edited: 4:02 pm, June 05, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

Thank you so much guys. I can't wait to come back and eat some! x

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

Thank you very much.......

really.......

Its 01:30 am and although I live 20 minutes from a good Knaffeh source in Abu Gosh, (just near Jerusalem), I will find myself going to sleep with that desire in my mind.

5. Re: Sweet dessert in the Acre market!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 27, 2013