We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qunci Villas Location

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Qunci Villas Location

Can anybody advise on the location of qunci villas? We want honeymoon luxury but don't want to be bored and have to stick to eating and drinking in the hotel restaurants and bars only... Is there plenty to do outside of the hotel within walking distance? Any other recommendations on honeymoon accommodation on Lombok, Bali or the vicinity bearing in mind what I said about location! Thanks

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
242 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qunci Villas Location

Hi Jennie M,

This is Scott. I am the owner of Qunci VIllas.

Qunci VIllas is located along Mangsit Beach, which is really an area for hotels rather than a bustling tourist area with restaurants, bars, shops etc. Qunci has 2 restaurants and a bar/lounge that also serves a Thai menu at night. Outside of Qunci, there are also a couple of decent restaurants at the Sudamala (next door) and at Puri Mas, about a 10 minute walk down the beach. Also nearby on the beach is a "warung" /shack restaurant that people seem to like. And there is also a Korean restaurant across from Qunci.

But that is pretty much all of it on Mangsit beach. Guests tend to stay at the hotels on Mangsit for the reason that you arent in the hustle of it all, albeit Senggigi (with more restaurants, shops, bars, discos, etc) is a 5 - 10 minute taxi away from Qunci (and costs a little less than $2).

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at Qunci (as well as the other hotels along Mangsit) and having just replied to a number of reviews here on TA a common comment from these TA reviewers is that they didnt have enough time at Qunci and never wanted to leave the hotel.

That being said, if you are the type of traveler that wants to be in the "middle of it all"...ie within walking distance to a lot of activity, you might be better off also looking at hotels located in Senggigi proper or on Gili Trawangan.

Good Luck with the trip planning.....

Cheers,

Scott

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,996 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qunci Villas Location

I like Mangsit as a location. It's a pretty bay with a great view of Agung on Bali in the distance,and can have nice sunsets. It's an easy taxi ride into Senggigi main strip if you want a night out. Qunci would be a good pick for your honeymoon, what I would call casual luxury

Edited: 8:26 am, June 08, 2014
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
273 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qunci Villas Location

Wife and I just spent a week at Qunci and can vouch that you wont be bored. Senggigi is a 5 min taxi ride and about $2-3 asustralian. Lots of restaurants in Senggigi. and some great little warungs near the hotel.

Qunci is in a prefect location and the view is awesome.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qunci Villas Location

Thank you Scott- we are really tempted by Qunci, it sounds idyllic!! Could you tell me a bit more about the rooms v's villas? I love the idea of the privacy of a 1 bedroom villa and our own private pool but we are worried about not having a view of the ocean and being quite far away from the beach?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
2,996 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qunci Villas Location

Jennie I recommend you read thru this post,MIT answers your questions. The search function on the forum is great for research , just type Qunci in and you get lots of results.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1592993-i15247…

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
242 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qunci Villas Location

Yes, that post should cover all your questions (thanks Sudiah) but Jennie M if you have any further questions just ask away!

Cheers,

Scott

7. Re: Qunci Villas Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2015