We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which villa / resort to stay

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Which villa / resort to stay

Hi

My family of 4 [include 2 teenagers - aged 18 & 20] will be going to Lombok during 12 to 15 Jan 2014. As there are not many 2 bedroom villas in Lombok, I have shortlisted following resort / villa which are still available and can take all 4 of us. We would prefer it near the beach (within walking distance), sea or ocean view, not too run down. We plan to snorkel, island hopping, tour the island, enjoy good food, sightseeing and massage.

1. Holiday Resort Lombok Family Apartment

2. Dream Estate 2 bedroom suite

3. Villa Sayang 2 bedroom villa

4. Sudamala Suite - Narmada Ocean View

I have read reviews on Holiday Resort and Sudamala Villa but not the other 2. Noted air-con is always not cold enough in some of the villas in Lombok. Your lodging experience in the above villa/resort is appreciated. Which of the above is a better option ?

Thanks

Lombok Private Tours
Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Onyaq-Onyaq Explorider
Cultural Tours, Submarine Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Lombok Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

This is a very subjective and preferential option when you ask which is 'better'? With only 4 days in my opinion I would choose the Holiday resort inn.

The inn is one I have visited and used from time to time. They are a well known and established 'family' hotel not only located along Mangsit beach but also expanded further inland from the main road as well. There is a decent restaurant 'Geckos' that serve typical western food along with poolside bars, gym and relaxation spa.

Sudamala villas however is still relatively new opening up early june. When I visited the property it all appeared brand spanking new with the promise of great customer service from the staff and managers. They also both offer decent air-conditioning with a standard of at least 16 degrees.

Cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

Hi franzchristoph

Thanks for your sharing on Holiday Resort and Sudamala. Saw some reviews mentioning Holiday Resort is quite run down, thus having second thoughts .... Sorry for not being clear, I just want to hear the past staying experience in those villa/resort which I mentioned for my consideration.

Also like to know if there any eateries/restaurants within walking distance from those 4 resort/villas mentioned (outside the premises).

Thanks

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

As mentioned prior there are the restaurants at the resorts you can dine out. Next to Sudamala is 'Paradiso', a small beachfront restaurant, serves cheap decent food. Surfboard hire is also available here as well as tours.

The next beach south 'Kerandangan' offers more options. There is Coco beach a good beach-side restaurant serving delicious food and drinks. There are also warungs along the main road with the occasional food carts.

If these don't quite cut it consider a taxi to Senggigi or Batu Bolong where there is a variety of choices for your family.

…blogspot.com.au/2013/06/jbr-bali-lombok-sum…

…blogspot.com/2013/07/coco-beach-2012.html

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

Thanks to the useful info !

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

FYI - There is also the 'Ye Jeon' Korean restaurant in front of Qunci villas. Serving delicious & authentic Korean Cuisine including Blue Crab, fish, chicken, beef, noodles, vegetarian etc.

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

Thanks, franczchristoph

7. Re: Which villa / resort to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 19, 2014