We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temperature

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Water Temperature

Hi

We are going to Lombok and Gili Trawangan for the first time next week. Snorkelling is our main purpose. How cold or warm the water is at this time of the year? Do we better wear short wetsuits (3mm)?

Thank you

Authentic Lombok Tours
Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
3W Dive Gili Air
Scuba & Snorkeling
Diversia Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temperature

We returned from Lombok last week and the water was wonderfully warm. I hate swimming in cold water and am happy to say that I spent more time in the water this year in Lombok than I did all summer at home. You should not need a wetsuit. Unfortunately we didn't make it to Gili T this year but I was there at the same time last year and the water was warm. Enjoy your snorkelling. We also had fun on Gili Nanggu this year -very warm.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temperature

Thank you for your reply.

We would like to visit Gili Nanggu but as a day excursion. The tour with the guide is $65 per person. Our plan is to hire a car and driver for a day from Senggigi and find a boat at Lembar Harbour to take us around to the snorkelling spots. Do you think that is possible? easy to find boat? and cheaper than $130?

Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Temperature

Hi Hirflet

We hired a guide so I'm not sure about the cost and convenience of travelling independently to Gili Nanggu. There was another thread in the Lombok forum recently that mentioned going by boat from Senggigi to Gili Nanggu and I think it was a little cheaper. We paid about $125 (AU) for our tour for the three of us ( husband, 12 year old daughter and myself) We were picked up at our hotel in the morning, drove for about two hours ( a bit less I think) and then went straight on a boat to Gili Nanggu with our guide and boat operator. Our snorkelling gear was provided. Happy to answer any other questions. Have a great time, would love to be there now.

Edited: 6:29 am, July 21, 2013
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Temperature

Thank you Sonjii.

I did a little research and have contacted Eko. He answered me right away and we go to Gili Nanggu with him and waterfalls with his staff. That was so quick! Feel better now...

Thanks again

Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Temperature

That's great,

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, if you get a chance let us know how it goes. Have a great holiday.

6. Re: Water Temperature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 24, 2014