We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to transfer from Gili T to Lombok?

Evandale, Australia
Level Contributor
198 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How to transfer from Gili T to Lombok?

Hello,

We are currently on Gili T and leave on Thursday to stay at Qunci Villas. On the way here we had private car and speedboat transfer but it was quite expensive. Can we easily organise our own transfer? - I'm a bit nervous about the stories I've heard regarding Bangsal harbour. Is it easy for us to get the public ferry from Gili T and a metered taxi to Qunci? Any advice about how to do that would be appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to transfer from Gili T to Lombok?

You can get the public ferry - go to the ticket office on the jetty and buy your ticket, its only a few thousand. You will be expected to carry your own bags onto the boat and off, which means climbing up onto the boat from the beach. At Bangsal, there will be a lot of cidomos (horse-carts) that want to transport you to the gate which is about 500m away. You can negotiate the price with them, or take your bags and walk.

It is possible to phone Bluebird taxis ahead and have them pick you up from Bangsal, but they can't come into the harbour, they have to pick you from the gate - so you will need to either get the cart or walk. The number is +62 370 627 000. I'm not sure of the current price as there has just been a big petrol price rise in Indonesia and I assume that all the transport costs have risen, this only happened in the last couple of weeks. Previously a taxi from Bangsal to Qunci would have been around 70,000 on the meter.

Don't be too worried about Bangsal, it is worse leaving from there than returning. Just treat it as a memorable experience and have fun!

Edited: 8:59 am, July 10, 2013
2. Re: How to transfer from Gili T to Lombok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 12, 2014