We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help needed!

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help needed!

Dear TAs,

We are staying in Kuta on the main Lombok island for few days.

1. On the day we return from Gili island at noon from Telok Nare, what can we see on the way to Kuta beach since we have a driver. I understand the journey takes 2 hours.

2. We are planning to take another drive from Kuta all the way to Senggigi and Mataram the next day just to get some city fixes and to spend our time otherwise we have nothing much to do in Kuta for few days. The drive to Senggigi is 3 hours for 2 ways going through the inland roads, right?

3. Is there any diving to be done in Kuta areas? Any good diving company as we just want to do some fun diving.

4.Are there any van for hire in Kuta?

Thanks for your help!

Shumshum

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help needed!

I went diving in May with 'Dolphin Dive'. They are located in Senggigi, The owner picked me up from my hotel and provided all dive gear. We took the dive shop boat out to Gili T and Gili M (30 minute ride) and had two great dives. Dian (Dive Master and Owner) took many great pics of the sharks and turtles. I highly recommend Dian and Dolphin Dive!

www.gililombokdiving.com/‎

Brisbane
Level Contributor
771 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help needed!

Hi Shumshum,

1. Depending on the time you can pop by Malimbu beach, Monkey forest, Mangsit beach, Senggigi beach or Batu Bolong beach.

2. Depending on traffic, it may take 1.5 - 2 hours to reach Mataram for shopping.

3. I'm sure there are reputable diving companies down south, if you are interested in diving in the north contact Mohni Dive.

http://www.lombok-dive.com/en-contact

4. You should be able to hire vehicles in the south although i'm not too sure about pricing. Lombok_Lover should be able to fill you in on the details.

Edited: 6:22 pm, June 26, 2013
Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help needed!

From Teluk Nare you will be taking the coastal road as far as Senggigi. I would stop off and have a look then rather than doing another trip back up. A few kms further south is Batu Bulong temple. You could also stop and have a look in Mataram enroute - though there isn't much to see. Unless you want to do some shopping in the mall. Between Mataraam and the main road to Kuta you could stop off at Banyumulek pottery village and then shortly before Kuta you could stop off at either Rembitan or Sade traditional Sasak villages.

I think you will have plenty to see in a few days in Kuta. If you spend most of the first day stopping at places to get here. A day exploring the beaches to the West, Mawun, & Selong Belanak. Have a drink or lunch in Ashtari at the top of the hill overlooking Kuta. Another day exploring the beaches to the East, Seger, Serenting and Tanjung Aan. Look out for Warung Turtle on Tanjung Aan at the far western end. My favourite spot to swim and hang out on the beach. And a day hanging out on Kuta beach itself, or maybe a surf lesson at Gerupuk.

There is not much available in terms of self drive - there are a couple of signs up in town - not be official car rental businesses just people who rent out their car but I don't know costs. I do have a neighbour who rents his car out and he charges Rp250,000 per day. No insurance so you are liable for any damage, His is a late model Daihatsu Zenia.

For car & driver you will have no problem - you will be offered transport wherever you go!

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help needed!

Aftter all the advice we get from this forum, we now hv a better idea n will promise a trip report. Thank you for all your help!

Singapore
Level Contributor
404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help needed!

Aftter all the advice we get from this forum, we now hv a better idea n will promise a trip report. Thank you for all your help!

Senggigi, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help needed!

Hi ShumShum,here's some option spend holiday in lombok with great experience

Private Adventure Charter, Explore the wonders and exotic of Secret Beach and Forest in Lombok,Share Adventure Experience with your Friends, see areas of Lombok off the beaten track and away from tourist area using Land Rover 4WD vehicle.

Available Route:

• 1. Explore South Lombok (Please Choose one)

A. Kuta Lombok - Tanjung Aan - Seger Beach- Batu Payung -

B. Selong Belanak Beach- Mawi- Semeti - Mawun

• 2.Waterfall Spot North Lombok

Sendang Gile - Tiu Kelep Water Fall-Sembalun Village

• 3. Lombok Discovery East lombok

Pink Beach - Tanjung Ringgit – Heaven Beach

• 4. Desert Point

Sekotong – Bangko Bangko

• 5. East Lombok Gili’s Snorkling

Gili Kondo

Tour Include :

4WD Experience Driver & Fuel

Mineral Water & Coffee Break during Trip

Lunch With Adventure Cooking

8 Hours Charter / NO OVERTIME CHARGE

1 Car Maximum 5 Passenger

Pick up Time : 8 .30 AM

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary help needed!

Lombok_adventure, I see you are new to the Trip Advisor forums. It is not permitted to post details of your tour offerings in this way, and you should always identify yourself as a business owner, representative or employee. Have a read of the forum rules if you are not sure tripadvisor.nl/pages/…g3

Senggigi, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary help needed!

due to iam beginer for Trip advisor,i would like to apologize for this inconvenience.thank your for your concern.

9. Re: Itinerary help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2014