We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lion Air/Wings Air

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lion Air/Wings Air

Just looking at the flights between Bali and Lombok and although we would prefer to fly with Garuda,Lion Air is coming up cheaper and bette flight times.

It says on the web that the flight is operated by Wings Air. Is it still the Lion Air planes, the reason I ask is that my daughter is refusing to fly with Lion Air after what happened to the flight at Bali airport, and wondering if I can happily book it with out her realising!

Many thanks

Mel

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

hi Herc

on flights bali/kupang and kupang/ bali and bali Lombok in april 2013, I had 30kg luggage with garuda plus 10 carry on. of course this may have changed again. surfboards are included as part of the 30kg luggage.

the annoying part of lion air was that I had two boards and one bag so I was charged 400 000R to leave Lombok. naturally, I wont be using them again if I have surfboards.

London
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

On that luggage subject we were quite disappointed with lion air/wings. All our booking confirmations had lion air on them and the allowance is 20kg..however on checking in we were shocked to be told we are 10kg extra.. We were told its "lion air operated by wings" therefore wings rules apply which is 15kg.

What didn't help is that the 4 guys ahead of us were asked to pay but they stood their ground that they booked with lion air, in the end they were let go without paying. But for us we argued until it was reduced to 5kg extra... It was very cheap though about £3 extra but it's not about the money but the principle.

If they hadn't let the other guys go it would have been a different story..

Still not sure if that was the right thing to do or not

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

I'm having MASSIVE problems booking on lionair, but it's the only airline I can find that does the Lombok Bali route in the morning- any suggestions? Whenever i try and book thr flight it says that the payment can't be verified, after contacting my bank, they assured me it was the website's issue, and not my funds or my card. i also can't find an email that works for them either, every time I email I get a post master delivery error messages. Any comments? Help! I'm tearing my hair out trying to book it!

London
Level Contributor
51 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

Hi Georgie

We had the same problem with our booking in the end we used Bidy tours which came highly recommended by most people. Their ticket prices were very similar to that on lionair website, I think we paid abut £5 extra, in total wasn't much at all. They also helped us change our return flight.

They will require a copy of your passpost and credit card.

Not sure if I am allowed to give out email address on here so if you want it please PM me.

We used our flight ickets on the 2/05/13 and back on the 10th with no issues.

Edited: 12:07 pm, May 21, 2013
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

I've started using this travel agent in legian bali. they were fine for my needs. you could email them for the info you want. cevin_tour@ymail.com.

the other way is to check the various airline schedules Bali to Lombok. these are the results I got in march 2013. please be aware that what the sites say and what actually happens can be very different.

Merpati

8:05 – 8:50

13:35 - 14:20

16:05 – 16:50

18:00 – 18:45

Garuda

17:50 – 18:35 Daily

Trans nusa

9:00 – 9:30

16:30 – 17:00

I ended catching a 2:05 flight with merpati that was delayed an hour.

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

Mau ke Mana also book domestic flights for those having trouble doing so outside of Indonesia. I recommend them to our guests and all who have used them have been happy.

http://flights.indonesiamatters.com/

Perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

Hi Hurcules. Does the fare you pay with lion air include baggage? I can't find any information on their baggage allowance and also can you pay for more baggage when you book your flight . I can't find any info on this either! Thanks for any info you can give me!

Perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

I booked flights from Lombok to Bali with lion air and realised I booked the wrong departure time. I emailed immediately and have emailed again but no reply. Can anyone tell me how to change the flight times, I can't find anyway of making any changes or cancelations on the web site.

Thanks

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

you could go to the lion air office when you get to bali . there will be a charge for the change. or you could ring them and pay for the change later.

Brookline, MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Lion Air/Wings Air

Book with Wings with great caution. Confirmed reservations mean nothing to them. Jakarta headquarters cancels them at will, and the Denpasar ground staff were for me in late December most unpleasant and unhelpful. Not only would they not allow me to stand by or be wait-listed but they refused to tell me who else flew that day or the next from Bali to Lombok. Better to fly Garuda or Merpati, both do a far better job of getting you there and being respectful of you as a customer.