We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

development in kuta lombok

Amersfoort, The...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
development in kuta lombok

I hear many things about (over)development plans for Kuta Lombok. Can anybody give me some good information about the current situation and upcomming plans for this year?

Is it still the pretty and quiet place Lonely planet wants me to believe or has development already started and is it better to go some place else?

Is it a good place to stay with 2 young children? We do NOT want to stay at any resort or luxery hotel, any simple place with aircon and maybe hot water would be fine. Are there any recomendations for nice hotels?

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: development in kuta lombok

They may not accept advance bookings though as they have nothing set up for deposits... Like many places it is a question of calling a day or two before to see if they have anyone checking out.

Amersfoort, The...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: development in kuta lombok

Thanks a lot. It looks very nice.

Amersfoort, The...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: development in kuta lombok

LOmbok lover, if I may ask you another question. I see there are a lot of things to do around Kuta (other beaches, villages etc). Is it possible/easy to arange transport to go somewhere, I read a lot about hiring motorbike or taking ojek, wich we ofcourse don't want to do with 2 litle kids. And is it possible to arange transport to the airport/ sengigi or Mataram, because we think about not staying in Kuta al the time? Sorry for all the questions.

Lombok
Destination Expert
for Lombok
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: development in kuta lombok

It is easy to arrange transport to Senggigi/ Mataram etc. If just a drop off and pick up later to some of the other beaches maybe a bit harder as drivers are getting a small fee but committed to picking you up later so they can not take a longer job. It is possible though. If you wanted to self drive - I have a friend who rents out his car for Rp250,000 per day. A new model Daihatsu Xenia. There is no insurance though so you are liable for any damages.

25. Re: development in kuta lombok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2014