We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

Calgary
Level Contributor
25 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

We booked Eko after reading about him on Tripadvisor, and corresponding with him via email, and we would highly recommend him, (and we are seasoned travellers and quite particular). We are two parents with a teenage daughter, and travelled with him for three days in December. He really understood what we wanted to do, and travelled at our pace and time, and was flexible as to the plans. His English is very strong, so no problems communicating. Very polite and very nice. Just having conversations with him, helped us learn so much about what what we were seeing, the culture and the people, which was important to us and truly enhanced the experience. He also seemed to really enjoy hearing about our lives. He suggested that instead of just taking a boat from Sengigi to Gili Air as a means of transportation, that we use the time in the boat to visit Gili T and do some snorkelling, so as to get a "two for one deal" which was economical financially and time wise. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone, as you will be in good hands. The only thing I would inform people is that the driving can be a bit long, - 2 hours in each direction depending where you are going, which is just the way it is, so good to ask about this, and be prepared. Not a problem if you take some snacks, and just keep on talking. Our holiday was just lovely, and we would be pleased to respond to any questions.

Mentioned in this post
Gili Air
Gili Air
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Antarctica
Level Contributor
472 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

Hi, we just booked Eko for 3 days in August. Via e-mail, he does indeed seem very friendly and efficient. He gave us some wonderful suggestions.We are looking forward to meeting him. Expectations are now high.

London
Level Contributor
386 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

Good to have this feedback. What trips did you take with him?

Calgary
Level Contributor
25 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

Eko took us on two trips and arranged a third.

One day we drove from Senggigi to the waterfalls at Senaru, stopping at a market town. learning about local products, and at scenic sights along the way. We had to get local guides to take us to the waterfalls, which is not a problem and this is the way it is to provide employment for the locals, and on the way back we drove through the monkey forest which is fun to see the mondkeys. It was a great day but it was a lot of driving, and we had some heavy rain on the trail to the falls. They say it is an easy hike, and it is to the first falls but the hike to second falls is not that easy, especially in pouring rain, so make sure you are prepared with good footwear- it includes several minutes of wading through a river and could include walking through a dark aqueduct tunnel with three feet of rushing water. We loved it, but it is not for everybody. Our young guide was amazing in helping us when we needed to climb around rocks and get through the river.The restaurant at the parking area was nice too,with great views.

The next day we went south of Rinjani, through Mataram to some more waterfalls - a beautiful pair of twin falls, through some lovely countryside. Swimming in the falls was great. From there we went to Sukarara, a weaving village and had a really interesting tour, meeting the local people, and having an opportunity to try weaving on the porch of one of the weavers home - they had beautiful weaving and it was an interesting village, and a lovely place to shop for good quality weaving and knowing you are directly supporting that village. We also saw parts of Mataram.

Finally, he arranged for a friend, Danny, to take us in a fishing boat to Gili Air and to tour around the three Gilis, and drop us in Gili Air - we did snorkelling, spent some time on Gili T, and saw all three islands - much better than taking a taxi to Bengsal and leaving from there. The water was too rough to land the boat at our hotel in Senggigi (Sunset House, which we loved), so someone picked us up and drove up the coast a bit to a better landing site, and the boat ride was great. Gili T was good for an hour visit, but we much preferred gili air to stay overnight. However if you do appreciate a party scene then Gili T is the place to stay

I hope that helps - we really had good experiences on Lombok and he certainly helped.

Mentioned in this post
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Senaru
Senaru
Lombok, Indonesia
Rinjani Lodge
Rinjani Lodge
222 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Mataram
Mataram
Lombok, Indonesia
Gili Air
Gili Air
Gili Islands, Indonesia
Gili Islands
Gili Islands
Lombok, Indonesia
Sunset House Lombok
Sunset House Lombok
571 Reviews
Lombok, Indonesia
Lombok
Lombok
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

We also used the Wonderful Eko in December for a couple of trips - he's such a gentleman - I really cannot praise him highly enough!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

I too am a fan of Eko. I did my homework and read the reviews on TA before booking him for our holiday. He is a very patient and well mannered man. He listens carefully to your needs and will bring his suggestions to the table. He is on time and very helpful. We did two tours with him. One to Gilli Islands which was much better than the past trip we did with a dive group as you have him to yourself and therefore can stop snorkeling when you want to and eat where and when you please. He is always checking to see if you are ok and in need of anything. I also enjoyed that he gave us space when we were on the islands and would only ever join us if we invited him. The other trip was to the orphanage and then up through the national park in the North of Lombok. Eko has great knowledge of Lombok and is able to communicate with the locals on your behalf if needed. I have just booked him for another two days in July - really looking forward to our next adventure!

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

Madasun you are SO right - Eko is such a rare gem - he richly deserves all the positive press - he's such a kind person and for us, meeting him was one of the highlights of our holiday.

We wouldn't even dream of going back to Lombok without hiring him!

Mentioned in this post
Lombok
Lombok
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

I agree with all the postive reviews!

I spent a day with Eko Suprajitno snorkelling around the Gilis in Apr-12. I contacted him and arranged a trip prior to my holiday via facebook -https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/ekomangsit.

You will see his services recommended through out Trip Advisor reviews.

Cheers,

Jon

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

I had better provide his full contact details...

Indeed he is a very nice person and really strives to make sure people are both safe, and happy.

Eko Suprajitno

Mangsit beach, Desa Senggigi, Lombok Barat

hp : +6281805711190

email primary: ekomangsit@yahoo.com

email secondary: ekomangsit@gmail.com

facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ekomangsit

Edited: 7:45 am, May 12, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Mangsit
Mangsit
Lombok, Indonesia
Senggigi
Senggigi
Lombok, Indonesia
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

The waterfall that you can swim at sounds wonderful, how far is it from Seggigi please...also how far to the orphanage, how many kids, what info do you have about the orphanage, did they need things in particular to take over. any info would be great as we are heading over in Oct.

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Eko - Lombok - Tour Guide

Hi.all

I've been thru all the previews,none of the writers explained how much should we spend for eko's service?it must be inclusive in our budget