We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Hi!

Just went online to book flights with Lion Air from SIN - CGK - AMI one way.

Went through the booking process and entered all my credit card details - it said it could take up to 45 seconds to process - about 30 seconds passed then the screen simply went to the 'home' screen - so I don't know if the booking has gone through or not - obviously I don't want to do it all again in case it has gone through and I end up paying twice, so I contacted the c/c company and they said no request has been made yet but it can take several days for it to show up in any case.

The extremely helpful j_hercules did mention that Lion Air now accept international c/cards - so I don't think this is the problem - but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience or can offer me any advice please?

Many thanks in advance.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Panic over - turned out that the payment hadn't gone through after all - so I've now done it again and booked the flights but I have a couple of questions please?

1. The flight from SIN - CGK - baggage allowance is 20kg but from CGK - AMI is 25kg. Will be OK if we're over the 20kg given that we are allowed 25kg on the next leg?

2. I may be looking to book more flights so would like to join Lion Air's FF programme (also because it states on their website that this gives additional luggage allowance) - but the website doesn't allow me to do this - just keeps saying to check back - any suggestions?

3. Finally - can I pre-book specific seats on the flights? I ask this as my Husband is exceptionally tall.

Many thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Hi,

We also could not book tickets from Singapore using my Amex just last December.

Looking at your flight, I think the problem may be your Jakarta to Lombok leg. I am not sure that you can pay or even buy domestic Indonesian tickets except on Air Asia. I also read that some other forum users have reported that they could. Hmm..

We eventually got our Denpasar to Flores tickets through www.itravelindonesia.com.

They were slightly more expensive, but they answered our emails promptly and we got the electronic tickets about 6 hours after we paid.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Hi!

Funny - the first attempt didn't work but the second time it did! So I have booked the flights myself and paid with a UK credit Card!

I wonder if it's just luck?

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Hi Northumberland-lady, sorry I have not replied to you on the other thread but I was offline for a week or so. A similar thing happened to me years ago with Lion, in my case they did process but they cancelled the second one, they told me that if they get two identical bookings in quick succession then they flag them for a query. Sometimes the Lion site just gets clogged up. The Air Asia site does as well.

Both Garuda and Lion are now accepting on-line payments from non-Indonesian issued credit cards. Batavia airline will only process a foreign payment through paypal and Merpati airlines still do not accept foreign sourced CC payments. As far as I know Air Asia still process through Malaysia and they accept foreign issued CC.

Lion air appear to have reduced their previous 30kg domestic economy class baggage allowance down to 25kg. Lion international is 20kg for international.

Lion air cabin baggage is 10KG with the dimension of 40

cm x 30 cm x 20 cm. Adults and children both have the same allowance.

I recall Lion have only ever accepted Mastercard or Visa.

Northumberland-lady, I have left a reply to your earlier posts on the Singapore to Lombok thread.

Edited: 9:43 am, February 13, 2011
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Thanks so much for all the information j_hercules - you've been really helpful. I think I should go ahead and book the other flight then - and hope that by December they have replaced the aircraft!

Really appreciate your input.

Alhaurin el Grande...
Level Contributor
855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Did you try this new website:

http://www.tiket2.com/ ?

I have no experience with them yet, but they say they give several payment options. Booking fee just Rp 15,000

Theo

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

GGRRRR!!

Getting very angry with Lion Air now!

Went online to book the flights from AMI - CGK - tried 5 times and every time got to the very end but the payment wouldn't go through (despite trying 2 different cards). Contacted my c/c company and they said that the payment had been authorized - but Lion Air did not complpete the transaction. I decided to wait 10 minutes then try again - from the start - the 'Promo' prices are now showing as 'Sold out' - I find this very hard to believe since the flights are for December - perhaps I'm being a cynic here but they are now offering a higher priced ticket - I know it's not much but it's the principal!

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Assuming that you have your booking ref number (I recall that is generated prior to payment) then go to this site https:/…pnrstatus.aspx

...and hopefully retrieve your booking there.

If you cannot get your booking back out of the system try emailing them . Of course a large group may have made a block booking on your date but most likely Lion were just re-configuring their promo rate allocation when you were trying. I don't know your dates but I just checked for 14-15-16-17 dec CGK-AMI and the Rp 500,000 promo tickets were available.

In case it helps their email address is: customercare@lionair.co.id

Seems like Lion air are picking up where Silkair left off with the obfuscated bookings and prices. I hope it falls into place soon.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

The Promo price came back on - I've tried again today using 3 different cards but it simply will not go through. I've emailed them - however I emailed them 2 weeks ago too and they never got back to me. I'll just have to keep trying.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP! Booking flights with Lion Air

Having the same problems myself...

Trying to book flights with Lion Air from DPS - AMI and AMI - CGK, tried over a period of 2 weeks now using 2 uk issued credit cards, one Visa and one Mastercard to no avail - unable to authorise payment

Is there any other way to book these flights as I want to get them sorted?

Cheers