We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

general about lombok island information please.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
general about lombok island information please.

hi.

we are planning to spend our summer holidays in bali.we are thinking of visiting lombok for 3-4 nights.is it enough to relax plus explore some of the island?is sheraton hotel good choice?

thanks in advance.

Sydney Aussie
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: general about lombok island information please.

Hi Telis,

You will be very happy with you choice of hotel if you stay at the Sheriton it is really nice! There are a few things you can do while in Lombok depending on how adventurous you are? You can visit Mt Rinjani it very nice scenery.take a drive through central Lombok on your way to visit Kuta beach,stop at the Novatel for lunch.The water is stunning in the south of Lombok so any beaches near there are worth a day trip.You can travel up to Bangsal which has a great view from the coast road to catch a boat over to the Gili Islands for the day for swimming,snorkling or visit the bird park or turtle nursery.There are places to visit that make pottery or fabric weaving & a traditional Sassak village also.Hope that helps,Jules.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: general about lombok island information please.

thanks very very much your information sounds very interesting.

Kuala Selangor...
Level Contributor
372 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: general about lombok island information please.

Hi Jules,

Do you have any pics esp Mt. Rinjani views or review for Lombok. We always know about Bali but hardly about Lombok. TQ

Australia
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: general about lombok island information please.

Hi Telis,

If you go to this website you will find lots of information about Lombok.

An English woman Gemma Marjaya started Lombok Lovers back in Oct 2003 to let travellers know about Lombok.

Gemma herself lives on the island down south in Kuta where she has a small but very beautiful homestay-I met Gemma, her Balinese husband and little son in November 2006 when I stayed there.

Here is the link for LOmbok Lovers

groups.msn.com/LombokLovers/_homepage.msnw…

Pamela.

Sydney Aussie
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: general about lombok island information please.

Hi sha , I have a few photos taken at kuta beach (my display pic ) & a review of the jayakarta beach & spa resort where we I stayed with my husband & son this time last year. My husband is from Lombok so I dont do the touristy things alot anymore as we spend most of our time visiting with his family.It has been many years since my last trip to mt rinjani but I am sure it is as beautiful now as it was then!Please feel free to ask me any questions & I will try to help,Jules.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: general about lombok island information please.

thanks a lot!

7. Re: general about lombok island information please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 17, 2009